looking for work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bezz

Spread and mate looking for work as of next week in Dorset,hampsire or Wiltshire areas. 28 years experience. All tools,cards and transport. Cheers lads

Welcome :)

Get stuck in the conversations so the chaps get to know you a bit and the work will come along :D

Thanks mate will do that. Have been on here a while and had a few chats. Never really had to look for work before but job we were due to start has been put back till after Xmas

Y do people put wen looking for work all my own tools..that puts me off wanting to give work isn't it a given

looking for work. but can i borrow your bucket. umm your mixer. better borrow that bucket trowel. best take that hawk and trowel.

you know what might aswell doit yourself

looking for work. but can i borrow your bucket. umm your mixer. better borrow that bucket trowel. best take that hawk and trowel.

you know what might aswell doit yourself
Ye but cmon every1 puts it I have my own tools..I can understand people putting I have cscs card and own transport but tools..its like a hairdresser advertising saying any1 need a haircut I've got my own scissors if some1 asked for a job then said can I borrow this n that ud tell me to f**k off as alarm bells wud start ringing

Mind you I knew a chippy (must have been s**t) that did not have his own tools

Any tradesman who doesn't have there own tools will most definitely be s**t at there job! If they can't even be bothered to buy kit do you think they will be bothered how good a job they do!
It's like a mechanic asking for your spanners,
A window cleaner asking for your ladder, A patio cleaner asking for your jet washer .... Any one else got an example?

Any tradesman who doesn't have there own tools will most definitely be s**t at there job! If they can't even be bothered to buy kit do you think they will be bothered how good a job they do!
A window cleaner asking for your ladder, A patio cleaner asking for your jet washer .... Any one else got an example?

fisherman asking to borrow your rod

I know lot's of plasterers that have only the basic tools. Hawk trowel brush tape knife float snips. And that's it. It doesn't make them s**t at what they do. They just don't work for them slefs. It is annoying tho. It must be every 2nd week they ring me looking for the lone of tools. What I started doing last year was what ever the price of the tool they wanted a lone of was i say give me the price of it. And when it comes back not broken I'll give you the money back. 90% of the time they don't take the tools.

ba
Spread and mate looking for work as of next week in Dorset,hampsire or Wiltshire areas. 28 years experience. All tools,cards and transport. Cheers lads
give me a ring. two days in southampton. bit of float set and reskim. 07944397356

I know lot's of plasterers that have only the basic tools. Hawk trowel brush tape knife float snips. And that's it. It doesn't make them s**t at what they do. They just don't work for them slefs. It is annoying tho. It must be every 2nd week they ring me looking for the lone of tools. What I started doing last year was what ever the price of the tool they wanted a lone of was i say give me the price of it. And when it comes back not broken I'll give you the money back. 90% of the time they don't take the tools.

We're on about no tools.
Of course that's the basic you need if your just skimming but if someone asked you for a job said they'd been doing it 1,2,5 or 10 years but said hey didn't even have a trowel you'd laugh in there face!
Even if they just had a hawk an trowel I'd laugh in there face!

A fair few tools were stolen on me just after last Christmas,I was not happy to put it mildly, luckily enough though no trowels were taken.It's surprising what it cost to replace them even the smallest bits and pieces and trying to use new floats.I have to have my my own stuff though and hate when lads ask for something.These would be mostly the same sort who smoke and drink a fair bit.

Wasn't really on about people with no tools it was mainly aimed at people asking for a job and saying I've got my own tools there's no need to put it every1 seems to put it on here wen looking for work as if by them saying I've got my own tools is guna swing it in there favour

Not the case pal,the quality of my work swings it my way. Thanks Dan will give you a bell this evening.

Wasn't really on about people with no tools it was mainly aimed at people asking for a job and saying I've got my own tools there's no need to put it every1 seems to put it on here wen looking for work as if by them saying I've got my own tools is guna swing it in there favour
To be fair i met a handful of trades, turning up with nothing else but their lunch in their hand, these were none of my jobs thankfully.
I could imagine nothing worse than someone would turn up on one of my jobs with no tools, sparks and leakies always short on tools or just lazy to bring theirs in from the van.

A fair few tools were stolen on me just after last Christmas,I was not happy to put it mildly, luckily enough though no trowels were taken.It's surprising what it cost to replace them even the smallest bits and pieces and trying to use new floats.I have to have my my own stuff though and hate when lads ask for something.These would be mostly the same sort who smoke and drink a fair bit.

Yes would fecking hate to loose my skimming trowel and float..the rest of the crap in the van you could replace and use knew out the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.