looking for some help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grant1966

hi all

im at collage just now doing a years course in plastering was hoping for a apprentasip after but dont think thats going to happen . thinking of going self enplyed last year a done a tiling course since it has finished av had a few homers charging less and taking more time to do it .

these are the things im doing on the course

useing sand and lime to scratch coat and straightin wall and butts

skim 6 sqr meter cieling about ten times

straighten wall then skim it ten times

patch work cieling and wall

just now ive just started making cornice

do u think i could start up on myown with these skills or should get some help from experinced plaster .

thought id get thid bit in lol

i was working with a paster 3 days a week laubering a few months back was a bit of a cow boi but got paid off any way last week at collage my tuter ask me u still working for ~~~~said no how, he asked ,where were u working ,wat were u doing , funey thing is a custermer phoned him asking for advice as she had pearl skim her whole house and it was full hollows and was a s**t job and she refusing to pay him so he went down took pictures . he told me he thought it was me doing te job lol .

I was thinkng how does this plaster get away with this he done a 4 week couse and hes always busey

Where are you based?
You'd probably be better off just laubering for someone for a while to start with :RpS_wink:

Why don't you find out all the plastering companies in Livingston & surrounding areas then send each one an email or a letter. Worth a try.
Or have you tried this already?

yes m8 sent cvs to componies a few ones gt back saying tey will eep me on record .
av got 4 grand funding for bussinse start up but reaaly wanted to get more experince first

I don't get it do you know how to plaster to a professional finish or not donut take the piss answer honestly

skimmng 4 to 6 spr meter yes i would say so anything more then i dont no and i no there s more to plastering than just skimming

saving up since a was a lad lol

a place up hear called businse gateway applyed for it wen i was doing my tilling course soon as i pass my driving i get it :)

how many curriers would it take u to make that lol

do u think geting a plaster out with me on bigger jobs ect to help and even if i wasnt maing as much would benifit me and be worth while

Grant name a type of plasterboard often used in garages with a dwelling above and what should you do to wallpaper before you plaster over it?

lmao wel wonder how g i joe gt on :)

wel i thin im going to tryset up on my own and get elp wen ever i can

do u think geting some krend experince woud be a good move

Grant Krend is ok but I really think you should learn artexing mate it's still in fashion up your way & there is a training school nearby its the other end of the M8.
The guy who teaches is on this very forum so you might even get a discount :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.