looking for board and stand

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

does anyone no of a builders merchants that sells board and stands.need it for tomorrow and i live in harlow,essex.thanks

does it have to be a merchants? travis sometimes stock em, b+q might well have some, wickes - doubfull but you could have a cheap workmate for a tenner or so...
screwfix, toolstation etc...? google it locally to you mate, theres bound to be someone close by...

Might be a bit late , but make sure you get one to suit your height , nothing worse than bending your back when you don't have too ;)

i bought board and stand from toolstation got it home took out of the box and the board was a piece of mdf and one end was mangled so had to take it back got refund.I had to borrow my mates and will look elsewhere.perhaps ebay :)

when i have left mine at home or if i am working upstairs and my lad is down stairs we just cut a 6x3 in half, double it up and set it on some bags of plaster, or even take it out of the bucket mate

Refina sell the stands and then get a descent off cut of 18mm marine ply about a meter sq will do ,give it a generous rub down with linseed oil before you use it and will see you out , dont muck around with anything else like coal shovels just get the height of the stand right and be a pro ;D

Not so long ago we all knew how to make our own stands out of wood, I've still got two nice wooden stands in the unit. We also all used to make our own hop ups, in fact you could usually tell a fair bit about a spread by how well made his hop up and stand were made. When buying a steel stand I'd go for the lower ones and raise it to the height needed at the time (r.e. above or below a hand rail or when using stilts) by putting suitable lengths of tubing on the uprights.

Cant find them on there site mate im sure they sell them blue in colour about 30 notes ??? try google "Mortar stands"

i wouldn't like to buy one without seeing it really, i worked with a spread last year who bought a really light weight one. and he knocked it over twice in a week, both times it was full of muck!

terry said:
does anyone no of a builders merchants that sells board and stands.need it for tomorrow and i live in harlow,essex.thanks
keel supply sell them. and hall and rogers. bout £25 i fink gud luck ;) ;

A few years back i used to use and old bin with board top.Id fill the bin with all the clean water id need to finnish the job to save me trapesing round the house,but as pratical as it was to me a customer pointed out to me that it doesnt look good !!!!so i made a stand out of wood,which unfortunately i had to dimismantle a while back becuse i need it to make noggings for some RSJ's as i forget to buy the wood.
i now bought a couple of folding steel ones.Alls good.

Status
Not open for further replies.