Looking for advice

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pib

I have secured a job the spec requires the use of Vorspritzer S/C primer knauf UP210 Base coat and Noblo 1.5 finish, my problem is i have not used the materials before and would appreciate guidance on the application method and drying times etc

How have you got a job using materials you have never used?
Bobby long story really, but needles to say the job was brought forward before the training? i have been involved in traditional s&c skim for a long time.

John not sure what your message means but if you could give some advise it would be greatly appreciated

Primer is primer. UP210 is a pre bagged 1 coat sand and cement render like Webers Ocr. Apply either by machine in one coat or by hand and rule off, rub up like you would sand and cement. Acrylic is applied by hand usually but will need prior experience or you will fail.

Is Noblo acrylic or mineral? Either way application and finishing is similar.
UP210 on what? Insulation? Or block? This is a ewi thread

Last edited:
Primer is primer. UP210 is a pre bagged 1 coat sand and cement render like Webers Ocr. Apply either by machine in one coat or by hand and rule off, rub up like you would sand and cement. Acrylic is applied by hand usually but will need prior experience or you will fail.

Is Noblo acrylic or mineral? Either way application and finishing is similar.
UP210 on what? Insulation? Or block? This is a ewi thread

Rigsby thanks for your time apologies the UP210 is on brick work two parts to this job, i do not want to make light of the trade but when applying the Mineral it looks quite easy i mean lay it as tight as poss then rub in till you get to the right size aggregate ?? if you could advise on issues to except it would be appreciated

From what I have read up on UP210 it is water repellant so I assume you can apply Noblo straight on without the worry of suction. A Knauf Marmorit tech rep would confirm though. As for the mineral then yes it is very similar to the acrylic to use although I have only used mineral once. There is a knack to it, speed of application, even coverage and someone following on rubbing up at the right time. Maybe do a test panel somewhere to practice on. but it will perform differently depending on temperature and humidity on the day. Cooler the better.

Primer stabalise the background and control and even the suction
Up is a polymer base render
Ask @wiganlad he has been using a bit just recently.

Noblo is mineral texture finish. You can apply the day after floating it will dry out all together without blebbing the texture off later.

Usually noblo is painted with facade paint such as autol once the render has fully dried out.

I think everything has been said already. Float the up as you normally would mortar. Just goes on in one coat

If your doing it this week with a heatwave on the way, I recon you'll struggle with it. You can't be serious about never using anything like it then going onto a paid job with it, behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.