Local rag or yell.com

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIPPY

Im looking for your opinions on the best form of advertising for private/domestic work.
our local paper has only a couple of spreads advertising in it on a regular basis but yell has 6 or 7 local spreads.
Is yell worth the money or should i go in the local paper. thanks

I put an ad on yell and to be honest it was crap it only does my town which is no good i needed to get the nearby towns too like the yellow pages does,£235 well spent 'not'. This is my opinion by the way it might work for someone else

Thanks for your opinion, i have to agree with you about yell ,the users postcode or town only seems to be shown when a search is used, they probably would make your ad more widely shown if you paid more money.

Depends wher you live , for me , i have tried all , and i only use my local rag . I have a quarter page add in the specialts section every other week ,keeps 4 of us busy .

Had some good responses from both Yell and Thomson local the thing with these you can increase the demographics of your area postcode by adding others (areas) to your existing account and also add website links, my first job from yell paid for itself five times over, also you can change details listed on the advertising website (bullet points) so you can add new techniques and systems as required (or remove) But bear in mind with the current economic climate you may not get the response your advertising deserves

took out a 12 week add in local paper didnt get 1 call all my work comes from leaflets, but only from ones iv delivered myself.

Thanks for all replies, im already in the yellow pages and i get about a quarter of my work from that so that pays for itself, maybe try local paper after january and see how that performs.

Had a fair few jobs when first started using Yell.com,now it pays to use the local rags as most of my work is generated from this,it's not cheap though for 12 weeks but does depend on advert layout,full colour and column inches etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.