loads of tiny bubbles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey326

just started using wickes bonding agent.

i find it brilliant for killing suction and giving me more time to work but i keep getting lots of tiny bubbles appearing.

do you think im not leaving it to set long enough, been giving it 2 hours max.
should i leave it longer before skimming onto it?

Don Ho had trouble with them aswell  ::) Ive never used wba but if ive ever had the bubbles they usualy rub out when polishing.

are u using a roller to apply it?sometimes the roller will create air pockets between the glue and the surface your going onto,so then when you skim onto it the air pockets bleed through into the skimming(bit like un popped bubble wrap)to minimise this effect still roller your stuff on but try rubbing a paddle brush over it when still wet

Be using WBA for a couple of years now just leave it longer 3-4 hours is nearer the mark and it will not bubble

Next time your in for WBA just open the lid and pour it into a pale. Put another pale in that one and go to cash desk. they just scan them they dont check inside :)

just started using wickes bonding agent.

i find it brilliant for killing suction and giving me more time to work but i keep getting lots of tiny bubbles appearing.

do you think im not leaving it to set long enough, been giving it 2 hours max.
should i leave it longer before skimming onto it?

Just make sure the WBA is completly dry before skimming (i always put it on the day before). Then make sure you leave the second coat of skim a bit longer than usual before trowelling up. Should reduce the chance of getting those bubbles. Like you say, it gives you more time to work with it which is why it's important not to rush the trowelling up etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.