Living room re-plaster needed before xmas!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acacia

Hi everyone

Moved house recently and just removed some nasty old vinyl wallpaper in my living room and was really hoping to have the walls re-plastered and painted by Christmas. Sadly the guy we had hoped to get in for this job is not free till the new year, so I am looking for someone who could do it before then.

The room is about 3.7 meters squared and in terms of work needed, we are looking for a high quality finish that can be simply painted and will not require wallpapering. We'd like the painting done at the same time.

The current state of the plaster is quite old with a few holes and flaking in some parts but not disastrously so. However there is one section beneath the window that will require a bit of extra work as it has started to 'sag' at an angle.

Anyone available/interested to do this job?

it will help if you tell the forum where youare in the country then the local lads could give you a price good luck

it will help if you tell the forum where youare in the country then the local lads could give you a price good luck

Sorry Kev, my original post had it in the header but I had to re-do the post and forgot I'd missed it the second time around!

I'm in North London

Re: Lounge plastering

I can fit you in from Tuesday, do you want the ceiling done?
What is the height of your walls ?
If you google capital refurbs my web site will come up with photos of work and references or
just phone 07749 679980 I will be able to give you a rough price over the phone

cheers
John

Talked to the lady on Friday but I was a lot more expensive than the other quote and yes I can do ceilings and walls, skimming and float & set and rendering and screeding and coving and m /f ceilings and partitioning and running coving on the bench and in situ etc etc

Job is as follows small lounge:

45m2 unibond & skim walls only, remove sagging plaster under window don't know how much but can't be more than 2m2 float out and re skim.
Two coat white emulsion to ceiling.
Mist coat walls then two coat dulux colour
Wash down woodwork with sugar soap and paint with 1 coat white dulux.

The lady said the wood work didn't need doing but with the walls and ceiling freshly painted it would have looked dull so I priced it in.

Over the phone estimate supply & fix £500-600

Spread who let her down quoted £380.00

Am I to expensive?

its no good getting a quote for £380 if it can't be done. so forget his quote. 2 days pvaing and skimming and sanding, 2 days to paint?

She is probably getting a thousand quotes til she gets someone cheap as f*ck, then will complain that she got a sh*t job done and bangs him on youtube to become the next Johnathon Bagshaw:RpS_mad:

She is probably getting a thousand quotes til she gets someone cheap as f*ck, then will complain that she got a sh*t job done and bangs him on youtube to become the next Johnathon Bagshaw:RpS_mad:

:RpS_laugh:
Johnathon Bagshaw Legend!!!!

Capital you have saved anyone else wasting their time coz your price is very reasonable and how did you remember Johnathon Bagshaws name bubbles do you know him?

I trawled through a few pages to find him - or is it ME Flynny - maybe I'm the real JB heh heh :RpS_sneaky:

got to agree here it was a good fair price probably wants it done for **** all....id say the 380 quote was just for overskimming and not painting should have told her to get a pole plenty of em in north london for £50/day at least u only wasted phone call didnt drive all the way there wasting time .....i got policy now if i think its a time waster just say ill come and quote the job for £30 quid say and ill knock it off bill if i get it thins out the idiots if its new extension or house u know its a bit more genuine...otherwise u will have T***s getting u to drive 30 miles to patch around a plug socket

if i did that micky i'd lose alot of work. you might be quoting against a genuinely good plasterer who charges decent prices. if i thought 2 blokes were about the same standard and both around the right price and 1 charged me to quote, i'd go for the other one

i think that was a fair price taking into account 1, not seeing the job, and 2, all the painting and etc

Status
Not open for further replies.