Little black spots mould here n there..?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend next door neighbour.So has to be right.
Front room im going to take off meter high and use limelight/drywall stuff.

Do I need to two coat like s+c scratch coat and top coat??

Upstairs,black spot mold old looking background,easyly fingered/rubbed off bit damp and black mouldy,not to much ,just here and there.Having trouble with condensation,black spot keeps coming throught the walls here n their.Thats the main problem,the black mold,its not coming through guttering as that has been repaired.

RECKON I HACK THE LOT OFF? S+C....AND THEN SUGGEST DEHUMIDIFIER.

Thanks any help about the black mold will be very apprraciated

ventilate and insulate black mould is common signs that this needs to be done its just warm moist air hitting a cold wall thus condensing

batten insulate and so forth, im sure you know the crack from there:RpS_wink:

Get a damp proof company in ,get a free quote , will tell you what to do with a price ,show the customer the price ,they have a heart attack, half the price , you get the job and money left over for a new van .!!

thanks guys. would it be safe to use driline adhisive on the window wall,just going to hack off,sbr slurry it then dot n dab it with thermaboard.....?will it suck? its not that bad as the guttering is being replaced?

My friend next door neighbour.So has to be right.
Front room im going to take off meter high and use limelight/drywall stuff.

Do I need to two coat like s+c scratch coat and top coat??

Upstairs,black spot mold old looking background,easyly fingered/rubbed off bit damp and black mouldy,not to much ,just here and there.Having trouble with condensation,black spot keeps coming throught the walls here n their.Thats the main problem,the black mold,its not coming through guttering as that has been repaired.

RECKON I HACK THE LOT OFF? S+C....AND THEN SUGGEST DEHUMIDIFIER.

Thanks any help about the black mold will be very apprraciated

More info such as age and construction details, brick , stone, cavity wall or solid wall, solid floor , sub floor void or cellar and so on, would help.
You live next door if your house is similar construction do you have same problem, if not, why not?.
Although you indicate problems and you diagnose condensation I don’t see with info supplied that you should jump to a knock off and replace solution.
Spend more time on the diagnosis and provide more info which may lead to alternative more appropriate solution with less disturbance and less expense to your neighbour.

i had a job similar the weekend i got the customer to hack off the wall as it was a recurring problem and the only way to get rid of it is to get rid of the wall. if you dry line then you would have the air circulation behind the board to stop the mould coming back through

Status
Not open for further replies.