Liquid screed

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Building my own extension at home and thinking of having a screed poured rather than me laying it. For any of the guys that pump liquid screeds how much should i be looking at per m3 ? PM if you'd rather.

And also can it be pumped over block and beam ? The block and beam floor needs to have a slurry yet to bind it all together, however is there any other prep needed ? is the screed liquid enough to disappear through small gaps ?

Cheers

@PFTwales if you'd rather PM me a job lot price or m3 price rather than post on here thats sound, im a good way off yet just working out a budget. Can it be done also over block and beam ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Use more insulation you only need 35 mm of screed if ur not putting under floor heating. Thats about 4 cube depending the cost of the screed ur area it could be bout 200 a cube. To lay that with pump hire be about 400 quid but im in swansea which is miles from u

Use more insulation you only need 35 mm of screed if ur not putting under floor heating. Thats about 4 cube depending the cost of the screed ur area it could be bout 200 a cube. To lay that with pump hire be about 400 quid but im in swansea which is miles from u

Thats sound mate thank you. Is there any prep that i would need to do differently than i would a normal screed ?

Put a layer of polythene over the insulation and put a perimeter strip around all outside edges . U must use the above to form a seal each room must be like a swimming pool to stop screed leaking away

Status
Not open for further replies.