Liquid/flow screed

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 23452

I have an extension floor to screed (approximately 18 square metres) in Sutton Coldfield. We're building it now, and it'll be a few weeks before it needs doing.

I've never used or been involved with liquid screed, so I want to use it on this job and see what it's like. The company we've used for the concrete can supply and pump it.

So if there's anyone in the area that does it I can either supply and have it done, get someone to supply and lay/pour, or do it myself with @Nisus watching and drinking tea.

What would you recommend? Is it as straightforward as it sounds to do? Or is it one of those jobs that sounds simple but there's more to it than you think?

I'm not trying to save money by doing it myself, and I know it's considerably more expensive than S&C.

whos doing it for you. Make sure you get a company that can offer some sort of warranty. 18m2 would be quite pricey but generally anything over about 40to 50m2 should be slightly cheaper to have installed. there's a company in Sutton Coldifeld, Midland Flooring, who do a pretty good job. They can polish it as well.

I have an extension floor to screed (approximately 18 square metres) in Sutton Coldfield. We're building it now, and it'll be a few weeks before it needs doing.

I've never used or been involved with liquid screed, so I want to use it on this job and see what it's like. The company we've used for the concrete can supply and pump it.

So if there's anyone in the area that does it I can either supply and have it done, get someone to supply and lay/pour, or do it myself with @Nisus watching and drinking tea.

What would you recommend? Is it as straightforward as it sounds to do? Or is it one of those jobs that sounds simple but there's more to it than you think?

I'm not trying to save money by doing it myself, and I know it's considerably more expensive than S&C.

Anything to save my knees like on the last one, cheers Larry :D

Anything to save my knees like on the last one, cheers Larry :D

I'm beginning to wonder if the building industry is right for you. Your knees ache when you work on floors, your back aches when you lift/carry stuff, your arms ache when you do walls, and your shoulders and neck ache when you do ceilings.

I do notice however that nothing seems to ache when you're eating or drinking ale. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.