limtec

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spen

has anybody used limtec through a g4 i am having loads of probs using 25mm hose 20meters long back pressure is around 35bar can not go any wetter any advise would be great

not used limetec sorry but used lime greens eco mortar through a DFT and it struggled like hell....and that was as wet as we could go too. Funny stuff lime, not as slidy as cement and maybe better suited to diesel machines maybe ???

we used limetec through an mtec m300 and had no probs at all mate which one are you using and is there any build up in the mixing zone when you come to clean out , what rotors and stators are you using , we was spraying R37 basecoat

Who's DFT was you using Goody

just pricing a job with st astiers thermocromex, looks a good product l*m*-g***n said thats ok with an electric machine,

southernmonkey said:
we used limetec through an mtec m300 and had no probs at all mate which one are you using and is there any build up in the mixing zone when you come to clean out , what rotors and stators are you using , we was spraying R37 basecoat

Who's DFT was you using Goody
yes we are getting some build up in the chamber we are using a twister rotor and stator the stuff we are using takes one day per mil to dry and we are having to put upto 50mm on with feature work but it does not like going on much more than 15mm at a time so 15 days before next 15-20 mil this is a right pain only got 7000 meters to go the machine pumps it fine just comes out of the gun as if it sis not mixed in the chamber we have had 18 pallets just sheeted over outside and i know it does not like getting damp but the bags fell fine we are getting blockeages mainly on start up everything is primed hose gun etc start off wet till mat comes through then turn down

need you ask southern... ;)

merlin I got a dvd of a french team spraying thermocromex scratch back.......fantastic stuff......they do a contrasting band around the bottom of the building wet on wet....from cream to dark brown, wicked technique and nice looking product....could be the future for mono perhaps??

have you tried lining pipes with wallpaper paste and using 35mm pipe with a 25mm on end an aftermixer like a rotoquirl might help aswell

As grand just said try wallpaper paste you won't need 35mm pipes if your getting a build up sounds like your getting your set up a bit wrong give me a bell il pm my number the other thing is to try a d5-2.5 rotor and stator or a d4-2 in a clamp there both softer stators so may be easier for the machine to start off

goody said:
need you ask southern... ;)

merlin I got a dvd of a french team spraying thermocromex scratch back.......fantastic stuff......they do a contrasting band around the bottom of the building wet on wet....from cream to dark brown, wicked technique and nice looking product....could be the future for mono perhaps??
sounds good, the fella we pricing it for wants a floated/sponge finish ,st asteir say it can go on lightweight blocks no prob, be interesting to see how good it is, bloke we do some work for went to parex seminar in toulon i think ,he said they was doin two colours wet on wet dividing it with a thin metal strip while spraying and ruling, he said it looked the b@llox.

no these guys sprayed cream render down past a certain point at plinth level and ruled and spatted as ormal, then got a pinged a chalk line and cut away a nice clean line with a pointed gauger against a 6' box rule and then sprayed in a contrasting colour up tight under it. As they were done within an hour or so of each other, they just scratched as normal. Sounds horrendous but works a treat with no tacky beads.

Status
Not open for further replies.