Lime with time

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captaincaveman

Hi guys (and girls)

Recently did a renovation of a hamstone cottage in South Somerset. Looks a cracking job (no pun intended) and the client is very pleased with the finish. However the plaster has cured from the top of the wall down to about the last couple of feet. All the walls were covered in very thick sand and cement render for a long time and my thought is that it just needs a bit more time to dry out. The outside of the solid stone walls are still pointed in cement too which we will change later.
Am I worrying [h=1][/h]unnecessarily? Let me know your thoughts if you have had experience of this.
Hope you are all coping with this heat. I'm lucky (or unlucky) to not have a lot on at the moment so enjoying it while I can. Another big lime job starting next week.
:RpS_thumbup:

All the best.

Gravity.........the water that's still in the wall finds it's way to the bottom. maybe could have done with being left open for a bit longer :RpS_thumbup:

what kind floor is it got polythene concrete

It was a concrete floor over flagstones. We have now exposed them and pointed them with lime mortar. I'm with the suggestion that it just needs more time. The walls were probably ringing wet when we started.

Status
Not open for further replies.