Lime white wash

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heafy

Im currently renovating a barn for a builder and a couple of walls have had a lime white wash over them. He s had some poor labourer chipping away at them all 4 the last week. Would I be right or wrong in saying I could give the walls an SBR slurry or would there be any sort adhesion problems. Any advise greatly appreciated

iv skimed on lime was on old lath ceilings beofore and round the day after it will all come off easy with a scraper with the lime was on the back of it! so maybe quicker to give it a 1 coat come bk later and it will all fall off then u can skim? lol works on the ceilings

Builders probably gone best way about it mate , we use needle guns and a compressor for this type of stuff , spent a week in some cellars a few months ago doing same thing (well my son did) ready for TANKING (just put that bit in capitals for Oasis's benifit) ;D

warriorupnorth said:
Builders probably gone best way about it mate , we use needle guns and a compressor for this type of stuff , spent a week in some cellars a few months ago doing same thing (well my son did) ready for TANKING (just put that bit in capitals for Oasis's benifit) ;D
So you would nt recommend givin a slurry coat, thought it might of made it a bit easier and quicker than goin down the chipping off route

oasis said:
iv skimed on lime was on old lath ceilings beofore and round the day after it will all come off easy with a scraper with the lime was on the back of it! so maybe quicker to give it a 1 coat come bk later and it will all fall off then u can skim? lol works on the ceilings
prolly find that was distemper mate..

heafy said:
warriorupnorth said:
So you would nt recommend givin a slurry coat, thought it might of made it a bit easier and quicker than goin down the chipping off route
No mate the slurry coats only as good as the lime wash it's adhered to, if that comes loose your in bother mate

well was white chalk stuff painted on the lath ceilings after it had dry skim on it it falls off with an easy scrape.

Status
Not open for further replies.