lime pointing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
hi been offerd 3 weeks work in france on a old stone farmhouse the guy I know needs it pointing I know it will have to be lime based but do you know which kind would be best for this job mix ratios etc cheers

I did a pointing job on a stone barn conversion and the architect spect nhl3.5 mixed with a local sharp sand 3:1
I found it quite easy to use but it does not set up as fast as sand/cement.

Where exactly in France is the work ? cos remember if it is hot you will have to keep a good eye on it / cover it and possibly spray it with a squirty bottle to stop it drying too quick.

you can get nhl 3.5 at any building supplies in france....best to use local sand for colour match...
2.5:1 (sand/lime)

Weber in France do a pre mixed bagged lime & sand . They have cornered the market with it in France.
You can get it color matched for the local area. Any large builders merchants will be able to order it in for you.
Make sure you soak the walls down the night before. Start early and lightly spray the walls
every day for a week unless of course its raining.

why are you bothering puting it in by hand, its tedious and not cost effective these days.
use Easy point with a gun. mix it in a tub with a whist load it into the cartridge and away you go, fire it into the joints, they do a lime range in 30 odd colours, and it will dry at 40newton strength.

Is that the parex one?i used it on some slab work I did.its not cheap though,30quid a bag.great to use though.

yep, well kind of. its owned by the group that owns parex. it is good to use, also its great for consistancy as a pre mixed mortar all you do is add water, so theres never any issues with colour variation. and its under the warranty scheme as per all parex products.

Status
Not open for further replies.