Lime plastering...

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted last week thinking about branching out on my own. Have been thinking about things that would make me stand out in my area ( Isle of Wight ).
One idea was getting into Lime work as there are alot of older buildings on the Island and I dont see any other spreads advertising this. I know to really learn this, the best thing would be to work with someone that does this type of work. But don't see this as an option..
I know a lot of people on here slate these short courses and I agree that to be a good spread takes years and preferably learning off someone. ( Have been plastering for around 7 years now)
But what I'm eventually getting too... Is there any good courses or anything else? That would help me pick up the knowledge and skills to eventually be competent with lime work

Hello Mike,

I am not aware of any... maybe someone else will be able to help?

Good Luck

Danny

iv done lime plastering.and if you can render you can lime plaster rubs up with a sponge

no mate what you mean is you have rendered with traditional sand and cement with a few shovels of hydrated lime in it !! thats not lime plastering, that lime has no full set
lime plastering is hydraluic lime which sets like cement, well the top layer does anyway and below that stays soft and eventually hardens over a long period of time.. but thats only scratching the surface...

Thanks for all your replies. Looked at there website. Looks like a good day out and 70quid seems good value. Down in West Devon so may even take the Mrs and make a weekend of it!

Lime plasterings coming back in........for those who can afford it. It is a nice niche to get into and worth pursuing IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.