lime plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.

970man

hi guys a customer of mine has a grade 2 listed barn ,we have been asked to plaster it so i got in touch with tradlime got quotes for the lime plaster ,he was ok with this until a farmer has told him to use hydrated lime and a sharpe sand and save 3 grand anyone tried this method (not happy myself) cheers

970man said:
hi guys a customer of mine has a grade 2 listed barn ,we have been asked to plaster it so i got in touch with tradlime got quotes for the lime plaster ,he was ok with this until a farmer has told him to use hydrated lime and a sharpe sand and save 3 grand anyone tried this method (not happy myself) cheers

no--no-no :(

first ask for the spec for the plastering --without this you wont know what type of lime type you require

hydrated lime has no place in conservation plastering ---fine for farming and gardening

i also use tradlime for all my hydraulic lime ---good company and delivery is reliable

get a spec and phone them ---they will give you all the help you need

www.emjenkins.co.uk

I read on an American site once about using hydrated lime for lime morter so tried it on part of my house in Spain been on about 2 years now no probs but as said should go with the spec especialy if listed.

the spec is for lime putty 3.1 with hair and i think i'll keep to it the savings a'int worth the hassle .always trying to save a bob or two farmers ,cheer,s guys

yes about 20 years ago i did a monastry at pant asaph went well ,lovely to work with and you can get a good thickness with the (goats hair )

Status
Not open for further replies.