Lime in the scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Whats everyone's thoughts on this ??

Had a guy query me in the week as to why i had no Lime in my scratch coat, This guy has been established a long time and although seriously messy his finish is good.

I was always taught that waterproofer only went in the scratch, and lime in the top obviously getting progressively weaker with coats.

Ill also not lie and admit that ive had the odd render job ending up with hair lines in, which ive always put down to the nature of sand and cement, s**t sand , the elements etc.

He swears by Lime in the scratch and in the top coat and recons hes never had a crack. Ive always been under the impression that lime in the scratch pulls the moisture out of the top coat to quick. Am i missing something here ? or is he full of s**t !!

the only time i use lime in the scratch is for tyrolean, purely for suction reasons, But DannyMac swears by lime in the scratch. so fcuk knows marra. Horses for courses and all that cobblers

He swears by Lime in the scratch and in the top coat and recons hes never had a crack. Ive always been under the impression that lime in the scratch pulls the moisture out of the top coat to quick. Am i missing something here ? or is he full of s**t !!

Yep he's full of s**t. A plasterer that's never had a crack is like a plumber that's never had a leak, a liar! Or perhaps he's like the first bloke I worked with who said "never look back".

Status
Not open for further replies.