lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bubbles said , i have a plasterers light as well . Spose the only prob with halogens is if you get water on em ,but yea you get good light from em .

500w halogen all the way. These "plasterers lights" are wank. You want a whole room lit up, not just 1 wall.

some spread once told me you shoudnt use haligens cz they cast shadows on ur wall neva did believe anyfin he sed tho he wer full of s**t

Halogenes are banned on most sites, but they are good lights only trouble with em the bulbs are forever going on em.

some spread once told me you shoudnt use haligens cz they cast shadows on ur wall neva did believe anyfin he sed tho he wer full of s**t

I personally think the opposite is the problem with halogens. In natural light it's the little shadows that show up where there any little marks or misses, but with a halogen they're just so blindingly bright that you really have to concentrate harder. I always point my halogens at either the floor/ceiling or both so I'm using bounced light just as in photography.

I love winter going to work in the dark, working in a dark basement all day, then going home in the dark not seeing day light all day, great if you are a vampire i suppose.

You could always be a miner bod
lights

Same as andy, point it up to the ceiling. Great for warming up ginsters pasties. Take about half an hour. But they're worth it. Bod toolstation do those bulbs for 50p - &1 now.

The defender lights are on sale at screwfix right now if thats of any use. I bought one the other day and it definatly chucks out some good light. The plasterers striplights like beddy says are pants, mines going on ebay as soon as possible. You can have it for half what I paid if you like, I'd feel bad selling it for anything more.

I use the Thorsman Goliaths with the 110 sockets on the back. Not cheap but they give good light and rarely blow a tube.

i use the van if it looks like its gonna start getting dark! ill be f****d if im working at that time of day !!! club starts shouting me at 2.15pm

Status
Not open for further replies.