Levels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Hey up guys what would you class as the best levels to use and what sizes do u carry around and where is the best place 2 buy em from thanks very much

best you can afford i suppose mate.. ive not seen any of the old girder levels for years but the stanley fatmax seem to last a fair bit longer than the cheaper versions.. more weight to em and the construction design is a lot stronger than a straight box section..
its all about lookin after em in the end.. though i always end up using mine to screed with.. ;D

I'm told that I must have a fetish for levels. In the back of my van I have at all times levels of the following sizes
2.4m
and two boat levels... perhaps I need to seek help. All bar one are Stabila the other is an Irwin.

;D ;D ;D ;D same as me, and straight edges of all sizes, thing is, at some point you use them all :D

;D
ive got one big 6 footer covered in render ;D
i dont rate the stabilas over the last few years.. too thin.. they were doing sets in the merchants last year for 40 quid..
i paid 40 quid for one last time..
suppose they were the budget range though..

Yea i was look at a set of stabila's 43 sheets for 1.8, 900 & a boaty oh and most important 3 joiners pencils and a keyring problem is other folk just abuse other folks equipment its a joke!! So reluctant 2 fork out the dollar if u get me!

thats exactly the set mate..
and its no better than the faithfulls or the screwfix specials..
your better off with a good heavy duty mate and dont let anybody else use it..
and dont set screeds with it ;D

Most levels arent up to much once they have been dropped a couple of times and Stabila definitely not as good as they used to be, ime using the red Wickes ones at the moment and find them good value.
Lucius.

lucius said:
Most levels arent up to much once they have been dropped a couple of times and Stabila definitely not as good as they used to be, ime using the red Wickes ones at the moment and find them good value.
Lucius.
How much for that then lucius and was it a set laddy

i got a set of forge steel levels from screw fix they were on offer for £30 1800mm 900mm 600mm and a boat level the cost of the 1800mm is £30 on its own and so far seem really good quality

i use fisco levels, i do however have a 3 piece level set from lidl for £4.99, all of which aren't level and different to each other, so if i do a bodge job i could just show the customer that its level by using the closest matching crap level from lidl ;D

yeeehhaaaaaaa

pftmonojetman said:
I just use me eye 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* 8)

pretty much the same ,only really use a level on floor screeds the heavy duty ones stabila not the cheap box section type

Status
Not open for further replies.