Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Geason

Let us help you:
ü NVQs are essential for CSCS cards and PAS 2030
ü Substantial grants are available to CITB registered companies
ü Geason’s funding expertise and advise can help you turn your training opportunities into profitable skills development programmes
ü You can be assured you will be working with a trusted training company with UK training contracts with organisations such as British Gas, Mitie and Helplink.

@Geason

Could you pm me with some more info on the pas2030 accreditation, I'm looking to hopefully get it early next year to allow me to approved for these vouchers.

Iv spoke to a few people, been quoted about £500.

I have the correct paperwork nessercary
Nvq ewi
Insurance
Cscs (but I only do domestics)

I'm on the weber training course will be on with jub in January, and will hopefully be arranging a site visit from k-rend to get installer approval.

The problem I'm having is obviously the cost for domestics, I'd like to be able to offer funding/vouchers as an option for customers to keep the price reasonable.

Thanks, Chris @ MAC Plastering

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chris, is it your company your looking to get PAS 2030 accredited to become a green deal providor ?

The NVQ Level 2 in EWI is enough for PAS2030 to recognise you as an approved green deal installer.

If its your company you want to get accredited I'd recommend you speak to the BBA as we only get he installer PAS2030 qualified.

If you are looking to become a DEA & GDA then we do run courses if you want qualified to become an advisor.

Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to be able to offer the funding and point customers in the direction of that when I quote EWI jobs.

if and after a green deal assesor approves the work and gives the customers £3k in vouchers for a £8k job I need to have the right certification and accreditation to be able to cash these vouchers in.

i have been told you need to be pas2030 to do so, also what is involved in becoming GDA is this covered in the pas2030 course?

I am losing out on EWI jobs because of the price of materials, so any help I can get for customers to lower the price would bring me more work in.

Are you vat registerd ? If not, your going to struggle. And if you are you only charge vat at 5% to the client on energy saving work, to be pas 2030 you need good financial records thus to prove that your not going to go bust halfway through a project etc, if your a one man band it isn't going to work, the big boys have it tied up.

I'm not vat registered yet but will be going through the threshold next year so need to speak to my accountant about that.

whats the point in having quals and going on these courses with the likes of weber, JUB if you can't do domestics, Iv probably missed out on 25/30k of work this year due to the price of EWI being too much and being the only reason customers have not gone ahead with work.

do you have to be pas2030 to cash vouchers in that customers have claimed for.

I'm not interested in doing mass council estate work or other large commercial projects, but like said I'm getting enquiries about EWI, I'm qualified, have experience and will be doing the manufacturers installation course (to hopefully get applicator approved) but can't fit systems domestically! doesn't add up that.

just seems I'm missing out on work, I'm seeing domestic EWI jobs being done by 1 man bands on single properties and I want to be able to offer it properly.

Last edited:
Best that you work for green deal companies ?

Green Deal installers who work directly with a Green Deal Provider will need to operate a (QMS) in line with pas2030 too.

Chris reading your last post i think you want to be in a position of providing finance to the customer for the energy efficiency improvements. - is that right ?

If so you should look into becoming a Green Deal Provider and offering a Green Deal Plan to customers, providing the finance the as your already an approved installer you can then do the instal yourself.

If you don't want to get your company accredited then you can do a DEA & GDA course As when you complete a them you will be able to join a Green Deal Provider as a Green Deal Domestic Assessor and start offering Green Deal Finance.

Thanks
Lynn

Lynn I'm going to call you tomorrow, I'm @ weber tomorrow so will try an get 10 mins to chat.

speaking to various people all contradicting each other, but want to get things done courses, certs etc in the slower months of jan & feb

Status
Not open for further replies.