Laying The GGS

Members online

Its late and I cant sleep so I have been messing about with a trading bot :D

I have set the bot to lay the 4th favourite horse 10 minutes before the off with the idea that the price should drift out and 10 secs before post time I green up (or red up) for hopefully a small profit...

I have applied a lot of conditions before the bot will fire the bets in...

Like the 2 front favs need to be trading under 3.0 and 4.0
the book percentage is with in a tight range of 100% and 103%
The price of the 4th fav is drifting out and using relative odds condition to look back 10 secs before and 20 seconds before

and a number of other positions

I penny trade these bots while testing and then as they show potential I expand them out with more money and then if they show further promise I run them for 3 months an track the profits of losses and the tweak or bin them off :D

I have set the bot to lay the 4th favourite horse 10 minutes before the off with the idea that the price should drift out and 10 secs before post time I green up (or red up) for hopefully a small profit...

The price of the 4th fav is drifting out and using relative odds condition to look back 10 secs before and 20 seconds before

I penny trade these bots while testing and then as they show potential I expand them out with more money and then if they show further promise I run them for 3 months an track the profits of losses and the tweak or bin them off :D
Why don't you sell them Danny? Seen many similar guaranteeing arbs in my gambling days.

https://www.arbing.co.uk/best-sports-arbing-software/

Im thick as sh1t...i still dont get it.
Are you placing any actual bets Danny?

Im thick as sh1t...i still dont get it.
Are you placing any actual bets Danny?
He's acting as the bookmaker to make a small percentage or overround no matter what the outcome. Here' s an example but very simplistic. The margins are very narrow and fast moving.

How does a typical arb work?

Take a tennis match, for example. Let's go back in time and say it's Boris Becker versus John McEnroe.

Bookmaker A is offering odds of 1.6 on Becker winning, and 3.9 on McEnroe winning. Bookmaker B is offering longer odds of 1.9 on Becker, but shorter odds of 2.9 on McEnroe.

You place a £200 bet on Becker at Bookmaker B. You then bet on McEnroe at Bookmaker A, and you calculate your stake by multiplying 200 by the result of 1.6/3.9 (your shorter odds divided by your longer odds).

So in this case, £200 x (1.6/3.9) = £82. Your total stake across both bets is £282.

If Becker wins, you stand to claim winnings of £380 from Bookmaker B - a £98 profit across all your bets.

If McEnroe comes out victorious, your £82 stake wins you £319.80 - a profit of £37.80 across both bets.

As this example illustrates, the profits to be made from arbing are rarely very large, and there is a considerable amount of time and effort required in sourcing favourable odds and acting quickly enough to take advantage of them.

With these profit margins, one of the keys to arbing success is patience and a cool head. It can take a long time, a large amount of funds to bet with, and a lot of small wins to accumulate significant profits.

The kind of odds shown in the example above don't often occur in pro tennis, but a keen arber will seek them out and capitalise when possible.

Tha
He's acting as the bookmaker to make a small percentage or overround no matter what the outcome. Here' s an example but very simplistic. The margins are very narrow and fast moving.

Take a tennis match, for example. Let's go back in time and say it's Boris Becker versus John McEnroe.

Bookmaker A is offering odds of 1.6 on Becker winning, and 3.9 on McEnroe winning. Bookmaker B is offering longer odds of 1.9 on Becker, but shorter odds of 2.9 on McEnroe.

You place a £200 bet on Becker at Bookmaker B. You then bet on McEnroe at Bookmaker A, and you calculate your stake by multiplying 200 by the result of 1.6/3.9 (your shorter odds divided by your longer odds).

So in this case, £200 x (1.6/3.9) = £82. Your total stake across both bets is £282.

If Becker wins, you stand to claim winnings of £380 from Bookmaker B - a £98 profit across all your bets.

If McEnroe comes out victorious, your £82 stake wins you £319.80 - a profit of £37.80 across both bets.

As this example illustrates, the profits to be made from arbing are rarely very large, and there is a considerable amount of time and effort required in sourcing favourable odds and acting quickly enough to take advantage of them.

With these profit margins, one of the keys to arbing success is patience and a cool head. It can take a long time, a large amount of funds to bet with, and a lot of small wins to accumulate significant profits.

The kind of odds shown in the example above don't often occur in pro tennis, but a keen arber will seek them out and capitalise when possible.
Thanks mate!
:rock:

Thats arbing....

thats also using 2 different bookies...

I am using betfair and taking 1 tick profits here and there....

The overound does not really effect me... I am looking for price movements like you would stocks and shares in fact its nearer to trading stocks and shares than anything else.

So look at this graph...

johnnygraph.JPG

The price of this horse started at about 1.65 and the trend of the graph is upwards so he horse started as the favourite but more people are laying it than backing it and so the price has drifted out to around 2.5 before the horses have run.... if I had placed a lay bet at 1.75 and then backed it back at 2.5 it would have been about a 35 tick profit (the number of movements between those figures)

This happens on every horse on every race... and so oyu just need to spot the trend... yes its like arbing but arbing is a lot harder work and to make any decent money you need to be turning over a lot of money ( I had a £10K bank and was making 2-3% on it which was ok but a lot of work and not really worth it)

Same with football if you watch the odds on a fotball match move around when goals are scored etc if you can get on the right side of a trend you can make money :D

I personally like scalping which means I back at one price then lay it off at the price below normally one or 2 ticks but I will do 5 or so trades in each race :D I also dont care what the sport is as I am just looking for trends and seeing where the money is going and what not gives you some good indicators as to where the chart will go :D

I am also still learning so by no means an expert and by no means qualified enough to give advice but for me this sort of gambling is by far the best and safest as you are in complete control of your losses (you can bail out as and when you like)

Mate that sound complicated as f**k!
So do you build the bots buy and alter to suit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought Betangel software which has automation features on it... they give you a tonne of strategies that give you an idea on what to do but these strategies will all need refining as they dont really work over the long term.

I like to pencil out ideas and what not then design the bot to do what I want :D but it will never be a human brain so will only do what you tell it to do :D I had a great laying strategy that was making me great money but i could not get the bot to replicate it because I could not get it to see what i was seeing and so the bot over the long term made small profits and was up and down and so kinder pointless :D

Why don't you sell them Danny? Seen many similar guaranteeing arbs in my gambling days.

https://www.arbing.co.uk/best-sports-arbing-software/

Why anybody would sell a profitable bot beats me... if 10 people use that bot then it would fail as it would manipulate the market too much and you would be competing with others who are using the same bot and your orders would not get filled

Betangel is not arbing software its hard to explain exactly why it is different but it is :D You are hedging your bets all before the off normally :D

I used the rebel betting software and made money but I got banned from all my bookies :D

You need to research sports trading compared to arbing :D

Overnight the bot traded 28 horse markets for a profit £3.07 which shows it has potential... I am not holding out for today though as I think i have already found some flaws with it but will see how much we win or lose :D

I've just read through this post, with interest. ...I'm not going to pretend that I know what it's about.........
I'm sure I've just been educated.......... can't for the life of me make out what in.....made me think of algebra.....or binary...

I've just read through this post, with interest. ...I'm not going to pretend that I know what it's about.........
I'm sure I've just been educated.......... can't for the life of me make out what in.....made me think of algebra.....or binary...

Haha always worth a look if you like to gamble but also like stats and graphs as well