Laws where your allowed to smack ye employee

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Wasn.t in best of moods today and on a shitty builders job who.s clue less. Customers now moaning like f**k bout builder and I agree with him but didn' say.( he pays well).turned up to do stairs case which turned n to staircase half overboarded and front room . Oh all new carpets and flooring gone down. We started it before xmas . Any way yesterday we did room . Ceiling had been done before xmas by kid who works for me. Asked him why he got gaps round ceiling . Cause their putting giving up( I hate this as much as its ok kitchens going their) ok I hope so now. Right on cue customer says you done a great job but why have you left edges . Coving will cover that I said. But were not having coving. s**t day just got worse . Could of sacked him right there. Made up for it in afternoon when I left him to finish skimming while I sat in van eating chocolate limes

Wasn.t in best of moods today and on a shitty builders job who.s clue less. Customers now moaning like f**k bout builder and I agree with him but didn' say.( he pays well).turned up to do stairs case which turned n to staircase half overboarded and front room . Oh all new carpets and flooring gone down. We started it before xmas . Any way yesterday we did room . Ceiling had been done before xmas by kid who works for me. Asked him why he got gaps round ceiling . Cause their putting giving up( I hate this as much as its ok kitchens going their) ok I hope so now. Right on cue customer says you done a great job but why have you left edges . Coving will cover that I said. But were not having coving. s**t day just got worse . Could of sacked him right there. Made up for it in afternoon when I left him to finish skimming while I sat in van eating chocolate limes
To be honest it nearly happened to me recently. Builder says there's cornice going everywhere, week later I'm putting a ceiling on and the client turns up. Just chit chatting away and I mention the cornice, "no there's no cornice upstairs" he says.
Just in the nick of time.

I only did not bother wth the edges once... never again... does not take much longer tovdo it right

Did a house for my cousin last summer he said don’t bother skimming in to the ceiling edges i’m putting cornice every where.I told him no way that stuff is not cheap.When he got his quotes the cheapest was €27 a metre supply and fit.He just got the sitting room and hallway done for the time being.And he was very thankfull!.

As sad as it sounds I still scrim the angle and leave a perfect angle even if I'm coving it lol I've had them cancel in the past I imagine or the thought always crossed my mind.

I only did not bother wth the edges once... never again... does not take much longer tovdo it right
If you're the sort doing a room here and there then it won't feel like it's taking much longer but if you're doing full house after full house you'll soon realise what time is saved by not doing a proper tight internal and washing off.
I don't leave it all ragged like some I've seen, not that it makes any difference once the coving or cornice is fitted.

If you're the sort doing a room here and there then it won't feel like it's taking much longer but if you're doing full house after full house you'll soon realise what time is saved by not doing a proper tight internal and washing off.
I don't leave it all ragged like some I've seen, not that it makes any difference once the coving or cornice is fitted.

But thats a bit diff as that is in the spec and often already decided... but for mrs jones there is no point risking her changing her mind

But thats a bit diff as that is in the spec and often already decided... but for mrs jones there is no point risking her changing her mind
I don' do site work . But I.ll tidy my angles between coats. Even if they say its getting coves. Just think it sell ye work if neighbour comes in nosing