Large ceiling - can I split over several days

CTRD

Hi, I am relatively new to plastering and have a large ceiling in my living room that I want to skim over. It's plasterboard and around 25 m2. Can I split this over 2-3 days and if so what is the best technique to do this? I have seen mentioned the skim tape method where you plaster to skim tape, then finish the second coat before removing the tape and containing. Can I use this technique but continue the following morning?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I am relatively new to plastering and have a large ceiling in my living room that I want to skim over. It's plasterboard and around 25 m2. Can I split this over 2-3 days and if so what is the best technique to do this? I have seen mentioned the skim tape method where you plaster to skim tape, then finish the second coat before removing the tape and containing. Can I use this technique but continue the following morning?

Thanks in advance
25 metres slap it on bud and work a bit harder. defo don’t need to be splitting a 20+metre lid if that’s the case maybe get a proper spread in, that’s couple hours work max lol

Thanks in advance
The best technique is to pick the phone up and call a professional plasterer who would have it done in a morning

Divide the room in to two, put all the furniture on one side making sure you can still see the telly.
Put the 12.5m on then flatten it smooth, put the kettle on now put the snooker on. Once frame 2 has finished put your second coat of skim on, clean up and watch the next few frames.
If it was Selby sorry but it has gone off and will need to be sanded!:ROFLMAO:

Thanks in advance

Should've plastered the boards before installing them to the joists, then scrim the joints + a bit of Easifill over the joints and screw heads.

Problem 'solved'
Chuckle TPF.gif

OR, you could just pay a spread to do it for you. If you're new to plastering, maybe do the ceiling of the understairs toilet before attempting 25m²?

Seriously, if you're not experienced with plastering ceilings, 25m² has disaster written all over it.

Just being honest.

Should've plastered the boards before installing them to the joists, then scrim the joints + a bit of Easifill over the joints and screw heads.

Problem 'solved' View attachment 67966

OR, you could just pay a spread to do it for you. If you're new to plastering, maybe do the ceiling of the understairs toilet before attempting 25m²?

Seriously, if you're not experienced with plastering ceilings, 25m² has disaster written all over it.

Just being honest.
watch MRS Browns not in toilet

Thanks in advance
If you really aren't capable of it then use a sachet of extra time. Will give you an extra 30-45mins per coat

25m is only just over 2 bags over 2 coats...if you can't do that call someone as your not ready for real world plastering

Ask your friends or family if they know someone who has skimmed for them and done a good job. Then phone him and pay him. YOU WILL f**k it up.

Thanks in advance
Do a rolling set to make it easier for you, break ceiling down into 2 parts, Wack on first section, mix up 2nd section put that on then flatten 1st then 2nd section etc. That way your using fresh gear makes it a lot easier.