landline

ruddez

anybody use a landline these days i am with virgin and dont use it for outgoing calls and nobody seems to phone me on it other than cold callers its just the mobile now and i have a small ad in the yellow pages and if somebody phones me from that(very rare)they phone my mobile so is it time to cancel just wondering what others are using thanks

Our landline is the same, never used it, even if it rings we never answer, previously when it rang was always cold callers or drunkens looking for a cab

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

For the business I use Vodafone one net. That gives me a landline and mobile number, but both go straight to the mobile. It's not one of those divert services that costs you to forward the call, just a normal mobile contract but with a geographical landline number as well. So I can have a landline and mobile on the van and stationary which looks better than just a mobile number. Both numbers go to the same voicemail all included in the monthly contract.

It costs £45:00 + VAT a month with the usual unlimited calls, text, data and it comes with whatever top of the line phone you want, I currently have a Sony Experia Z.

It's also useful in that the whole lot is through the company as that's all the lines are used for so there's no bother working out percentages etc. The other benefit is that I know if that phone rings it's work, so I can ignore or answer as I choose.

Reactions: Pug
Y do u need landline for broadband? Go virgin ive got virgin broady with no lanfline

You don't need a landline as such but you have to pay line rental regardless.
Won't be long before that's scrapped either and just a higher flat rate for broadband is introduced.
Think some may already offer it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use utility warehouse for all house stuff. Wife became an agent for them. It is good as you get cashback off your bills if you can be arsed. She asked me to try and sell it to my customers when I'm working.... f**k that, got enough on me own plate love.

Y do u need landline for broadband? Go virgin ive got virgin broady with no lanfline
we all pay a landline fee to be able to have broadband unless you get it with your mobile deal,,, and i think with virgin you'll be paying about £19 a month, one of the more expensive,,,

we all pay a landline fee to be able to have broadband unless you get it with your mobile deal,,, and i think with virgin you'll be paying about £19 a month, one of the more expensive,,,
£19 a month! If only I pay £30 odd lol

I have 5 landline numbers and they all go to my mobile... each one costs me £1.75 a month... any calls incoming get charged at 1p a minute :D

£19 a month! If only I pay £30 odd lol
my apologies @Kitchy just looked this up and virgin media are the only broadband provider in the country who can provide broadband without a landline fee,, i would go back to them if it was not for their customer care /(talking to the c**ts on the telephone),, worst i have ever experienced

my apologies @Kitchy just looked this up and virgin media are the only broadband provider in the country who can provide broadband without a landline fee,, i would go back to them if it was not for their customer care /(talking to the c**ts on the telephone),, worst i have ever experienced

Sounds like you dropped them for the same reason we did. I went over to BT I don't give a sh1t about line rental, I just want working broadband and TV. I've not had any problems with BT since we swapped about four years ago.

For the business I use Vodafone one net. That gives me a landline and mobile number, but both go straight to the mobile. It's not one of those divert services that costs you to forward the call, just a normal mobile contract but with a geographical landline number as well. So I can have a landline and mobile on the van and stationary which looks better than just a mobile number. Both numbers go to the same voicemail all included in the monthly contract.

It costs £45:00 + VAT a month with the usual unlimited calls, text, data and it comes with whatever top of the line phone you want, I currently have a Sony Experia Z.

It's also useful in that the whole lot is through the company as that's all the lines are used for so there's no bother working out percentages etc. The other benefit is that I know if that phone rings it's work, so I can ignore or answer as I choose.

Anyone know if this can be done on 02?

This is something Im struggling with now. Currently setting up and need a landline number to go on the van really but dont have a landline and moving in 6 months, how do you get a landline number that goes to your mobile? What sort of cost are they? But reference to the op.... nobody ever calls the landline either

This is something Im struggling with now. Currently setting up and need a landline number to go on the van really but dont have a landline and moving in 6 months, how do you get a landline number that goes to your mobile? What sort of cost are they? But reference to the op.... nobody ever calls the landline either
Just get one online, diverted to ur mobile, only cost a few quid

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I use this company https://www.localphone.com/services/incoming_numbers

Been using them since 2010 I think... works a treat :D If I go and work at my parents I forward the landline to my mums landline... and if I am on my holiday I forward the number to a local sim card... just login online and tell it which number to call :D

I have a BT line, it's a low usage price and pay £15 a quarter but never use to ring out, the number I've had for donkeys years so need to keep at the moment.

Have Virgin as well and don't use to ring out, gets a bit expensive.

Can I take my current landline number to them?

With one net you can, and they allow you to choose the area code for a number or numbers. So you can put "London office ...." and "Birmingham office ...." or whatever and all the calls still come through to your mobile.

With one net you can, and they allow you to choose the area code for a number or numbers. So you can put "London office ...." and "Birmingham office ...." or whatever and all the calls still come through to your mobile.

you can choose with the online solution... I had an australian number for a bit :D

you can choose with the online solution... I had an australian number for a bit :D

It's a strange idea really. Not so much for a building firm, but I imagine all sorts of dodgy goings on would be possible. o_O

It's a strange idea really. Not so much for a building firm, but I imagine all sorts of dodgy goings on would be possible. o_O

I had one for when I was travelling, meant that I could call home UK and it would only cost a local rate from my australian mobile :D