Lady plasterer... Soon to be :-)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you went outside and did a very similar thing. :RpS_lol:

I know what you mean though, it's quite repetitive.

Any pics Sooze?

No, with plastering it is a skill but we do not get the appreciation for it. It was the back stabbing plasterers and the builders looking down on us as if we are scum!

it does,t help with us looking loppy most of the time, running clapped out old vans. Bring back the overalls as a uniform, grow some hair instead of looking like a thug, learn to shave and invest in a decent van. You only one chance of making a first impression.

Showing my age now. Rant over and good night!

Confession time :RpS_blushing:

When I first started I was so proud of my walls I used to write my signature in every one of them!! (below the skirting line)
But after 30+ years the enthusiasm leaves you a bit :RpS_thumbup:

And you struggle to bend down to reach the bottom of the wall these days?

When I first started I was so proud of my walls I used to write my signature in every one of them!! (below the skirting line)

Hang on a minute are you really Snowy ? Yosser Hughes mate ? I thought you bit the bullet while abseiling out of a window to avoid the DHSS fraud squad ! :RpS_unsure:

LOL......Boys from the black stuff!:RpS_thumbsup:

Yeah that might be where i got that from :RpS_wink:
But I can't remember really :RpS_confused: Something else to consider, things that the dust does to yer memory :-(

Welcome
If you ve done your cscs you have covered the H & S anything more that you need to know will be covered by your tutor. Dont waste money buying books theyre of little use to you as all will be cover and you will be given handouts during your tutorials. Other than that reaD all the forums theres all the info that you need apart from that watch everything on youtube. You dont only learn from doing things the correct way. But dont be surprised at the different ways different people do things

Good luck

Haha, that's brilliant!!! X

Welcome
If you ve done your cscs you have covered the H & S anything more that you need to know will be covered by your tutor. Dont waste money buying books theyre of little use to you as all will be cover and you will be given handouts during your tutorials. Other than that reaD all the forums theres all the info that you need apart from that watch everything on youtube. You dont only learn from doing things the correct way. But dont be surprised at the different ways different people do things

Good luck
Thank you, the tutor did mention books but said not to worry about it just yet! Thank you x

Welcome snooze, like how you put a few kisses on the end of yer posts and they all turn to putty , and I'm sure of you spend a day or two with spunky he will defo show you the crack , quite literally x x

Welcome snooze, like how you put a few kisses on the end of yer posts and they all turn to putty , and I'm sure of you spend a day or two with spunky he will defo show you the crack , quite literally x x
Haha, perhaps ill have to dish out kisses on site to get some man slaves on side ;-)
Once I can send instant messages ill speak to spunky and see if I can spend the day with him! Lucky man!! Child care is my only issue but if it's a Saturday private job then his dad has him for the day so it won't be a problem! X

Haha, perhaps ill have to dish out kisses on site to get some man slaves on side ;-)
Once I can send instant messages ill speak to spunky and see if I can spend the day with him! Lucky man!! Child care is my only issue but if it's a Saturday private job then his dad has him for the day so it won't be a problem! X

do you mean childcare of looking after spunky...................:RpS_thumbup:

I wouldn't inflict spending the day with my sons dad in anyone willingly!! Let alone someone I'm hoping to learn from!!!

That's the best bet soozy im usually doing my own stuff or helping mates on the weekend where its a bit more relaxed

forgot to ask sooze, is it a HANDBORD or a hawk down there, think carefully, slowly, well what is it.

That's the best bet soozy im usually doing my own stuff or helping mates on the weekend where its a bit more relaxed
Amazing - are you on FB? Am I allowed to post a link to my profile on there for you to add me so that I can arrange this with you?! x

They are a bit backward up there and cant understand the word hawk. Don't forget asbestos awareness, you would be surprised where that **** is. Old artex has some although not as potent as the spray on fire retardant. Good luck :)

They are a bit backward up there and cant understand the word hawk. Don't forget asbestos awareness, you would be surprised where that **** is. Old artex has some although not as potent as the spray on fire retardant. Good luck :)
I'm obsessed with asbestos!! (I know - weird right?!) For my birthday last month I asked for ££ so that I could do the Asbestos awareness course!!! haha!!! x

I'm obsessed with asbestos!! (I know - weird right?!) For my birthday last month I asked for ££ so that I could do the Asbestos awareness course!!! haha!!! x

Good choice, better to be safe than sorry. Asbestosis is not a nice way to go. Back to the trowel, stick with a stainless marshalltown 14" permashape, its the bit that earns the money so requires the best. Other bits would be a nice lightweight hawk like the marshalltown one, mixing buckets, water buckets, internal angle trowel for those unavoidable wet angles and a decent 4" water brush. The list is endless with what you could need and at some point you will need to invest in a mixing drill, there are several out there but only a few that are used by most on here, bosch or the refina one are regularly argued over as to which is best. If you plan to get into site work like the spunkstar then all powertools need to be 110v.

Good choice, better to be safe than sorry. Asbestosis is not a nice way to go. Back to the trowel, stick with a stainless marshalltown 14" permashape, its the bit that earns the money so requires the best. Other bits would be a nice lightweight hawk like the marshalltown one, mixing buckets, water buckets, internal angle trowel for those unavoidable wet angles and a decent 4" water brush. The list is endless with what you could need and at some point you will need to invest in a mixing drill, there are several out there but only a few that are used by most on here, bosch or the refina one are regularly argued over as to which is best. If you plan to get into site work like the spunkstar then all powertools need to be 110v.

You boys are stars!!! Thank you so much! You know i'll be on here everyday after college asking you more annoying questions!?!?! haha!! I think for my 'congratulations on being accepted to college pressie i'm going for a stainless marshalltown 14" permashape! :) x

Amazing - are you on FB? Am I allowed to post a link to my profile on there for you to add me so that I can arrange this with you?! x

Yes Sooze you are allowed to post a link to your FB on here :RpS_thumbup:

@Sooze welcome along to the best forum in the world! and also the best yet most hated wet trade for some reason. Good to see your very enthusiastic and willing to learn. I hope its not just because your starting out. Dont let the lads put u off plastering ull soon have a love hate relationship with your new 14'' marshal town depending on the task at hand. Watch, learn and take every chance u get to gain some experiance out in the real world. @spunky well done son uve pulled lol

ps loveing the kisses at the end of every message :RpS_blushing:
pps Wish little lances mum put them at the end of messages, she usally puts- !!! or d**k or w****r :RpS_cursing: lol

ppps Facebook me xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]https://m.facebook.com/#!/Sooze.x?__user=100004372865632

Please add me @spunky !! And anyone else!!

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

It's not the kind of job where you say "that's it 3pm" and drop everything to pick the brat up.

So many days you just run late for whatever reason ... the time just goes! And before you know it, that early day has gone tit's up, its 5pm & you still have the coving to put up, all the scaffold & gear to cart down the stairs & and a bloody good clean up.
You also need to get geared up for tomorrow & see another 2 jobs before you get home, or else it will be 11am before you do a stroke tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I love the job BUT it has become more of a way of life & I don't seem to mind being a busy fool earning crap money.

I think you are in for the shock of your life when you find out just how hard you have to work to earn decent money, and just how physically demanding it can be doing a 30 - 40 m2 ceiling on a hot day.

Just my honest opinion ..... oh and xx

It's not the kind of job where you say "that's it 3pm" and drop everything to pick the brat up.

So many days you just run late for whatever reason ... the time just goes! And before you know it, that early day has gone tit's up, its 5pm & you still have the coving to put up, all the scaffold & gear to cart down the stairs & and a bloody good clean up.
You also need to get geared up for tomorrow & see another 2 jobs before you get home, or else it will be 11am before you do a stroke tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I love the job BUT it has become more of a way of life & I don't seem to mind being a busy fool earning crap money.

I think you are in for the shock of your life when you find out just how hard you have to work to earn decent money, and just how physically demanding it can be doing a 30 - 40 m2 ceiling on a hot day.

Just my honest opinion ..... oh and xx
DMA, go have a wank! Just cuz you've had a bad day... I wasn't asking for all the **** bits of the job. I'm well aware that sometimes it won't go to plan, but it's what I want to do. I've spent 10 years in sales as an account manager and I'm ready for a new challenge. I've worked from 6am till 8pm trying to secure new clients and deals on a regular basis and, just because I'm a single mum, doesn't mean I've never worked a day in my life and am afraid of hard graft. This is a plan of mine, it's never going to be plain sailing if you're working hard and trying to earn an honest buck x

Status
Not open for further replies.