ladder platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
the feet width is 910mm. thats gonna be tight in some stairwells. can't beat a ladder and plank, easy to move out the way, set it at any height and cheap.

As above I use one of these for high ceilings but can't generally fit it easily on stairwell as there is not much room to climb up and down either side,good old ladder and plank is better.

These ones are the b0llox mate

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/72962...e-Tower/Speedy-Tower-Base-Unit-0-95M-Platform

Not for stairs though, but they are fantastic for 9 foot and higher ceilings and they push through a door fully set up, really well engineered too and a doddle to set up.

I have customised mine by chopping off useless safety hooks that are totaly redundant anyway, and I took the plastic stoppers out of the uprights so I can put my hammer corner trowel and brush in each one.

They aint cheap but me and a mate went halves on one and swap it between us, as and when we need it.

In my opinion, if you have to do high ceilings it is an essential tool.

I used to have one of them Nelly until it got nicked on a job,mine went alittle higher than that but looks exactly the same.I now hire in trestles and plank for £2 and £1 each a day respectfully.when doing big ares with high ceilings

I bought tressles n planks for jobs and think thats enough.
Still I would buy a proper scaff system but there expensive.

skimmin2day said:
I used to have one of them Nelly until it got nicked on a job,mine went alittle higher than that but looks exactly the same.I now hire in trestles and plank for £2 and £1 each a day respectfully.when doing big ares with high ceilings

I hate them trestles, too much agro moving back and forth all the time, and they allways smacker yer shins :(

seeing as i wrote something alot of you agree with, can someone please give me some f**k**g karma!!

The one i had nicked cost £700 for the base and another £1100 for the extension kit and stabilisers to take me to 5 m high. I used to use for exterior painting ,rendering,rolling scaffold for big areas etc.
But if i ever need one i just hire one in as i aint got the room for big kit cus of all the clutter ive got in my unit over the years.

skimmin2day said:
The one i had nicked cost £700 for the base and another £1100 for the extension kit and stabilisers to take me to 5 m high. I used to use for exterior painting ,rendering,rolling scaffold for big areas etc.
But if i ever need one i just hire one in as i aint got the room for big kit cus of all the clutter ive got in my unit over the years.

Mine stays in my van, I have installed a shelf specifically for it 9 inches lower than the roof.

and someone else please! some f**k*r keeps smiting me and im beginning to take it personally ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.