Lack of work... Chance to advertise and get your name out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasterers1StopShop

Morning guys,

As we all know the Industry is pretty tough at the moment with a lack of work or low rates. We have recently done a bit more advertising and it has started to pay off.
I would definitely recommend setting up a Facebook page to promote your business.

Best thing is, it is completely free to do! Most of us are now on Facebook, and I would imagine as an average people have over 300 friends on their account. If you set up a company page with photos of your work and constantly update it people will begin to follow you and the word will spread. Word of mouth is massive in the industry but getting yourself known is very hard. Friends of friends will eventually follow your page and hopefully they will begin using you.

Just an idea for people. Hope it helps

Ryan

never used facebook as an advertising tool, would be interested to hear if anyone here has pulled any work from it

never really explored its potential, I was under the impression you had to pay to have a company page, or is it free as Ryan says

sorry ,hate facebook, find its more "joe has made toast" exclusives

In a way your right, but at the same time it is the most used social networking site and is free. It is a way of getting your name out there and showing off your work. We now have quite a few followers and every time something is posted it comes up in there news feed. If you were to post a special offer on plastering for example: '4 walls for the price of 3' (I know it doesn't work like that) then the people following your site will see that, they may then know someone who needs the work done and they pass your details over. It is just an extra way of networking your business and also showing off your work.

If you get 100 likes, that may mean 100 people who never knew your company existed or knew what you do. They then know where they can get it done.

Last edited:
Had a look Ryan, very good. so do you not have to pay for that or is it the same as any other account

Same account as any other mate. It is linked to your profile so you are the main admin. You just flick between each one.

Lucius, If you go onto google and type in 'create a company Facebook page' it should take you straight to the start up. You then manage it as if it was your personal one

Probably good for you guys selling stuff, but the sole trader? I am not convinced myself. probably too old now aaah aaah

sorry ,hate facebook, find its more "joe has made toast" exclusives

im not on facebook either,
probably because im not interested in trivial things what other people are doing like you say, but i guess anything that gets your name out there has to be worth a try for some lads.

Morning guys,

As we all know the Industry is pretty tough at the moment with a lack of work or low rates. We have recently done a bit more advertising and it has started to pay off.
I would definitely recommend setting up a Facebook page to promote your business.

Best thing is, it is completely free to do! Most of us are now on Facebook, and I would imagine as an average people have over 300 friends on their account. If you set up a company page with photos of your work and constantly update it people will begin to follow you and the word will spread. Word of mouth is massive in the industry but getting yourself known is very hard. Friends of friends will eventually follow your page and hopefully they will begin using you.

Just an idea for people. Hope it helps

Ryan

I tried it for a year and got fewk all.............its free, so nothing lost................:RpS_thumbup:

I have used Building control for years. Used it for mail shoots and canvasing. Last year we put an advert in the Building control folder which gets sent out with all Applications and queries. tens of thousands were distributed, not one phone call. Had more response from a newsagent window add I kept in place all year

Its free to do and millions of peolle use it every day so its a no brainer. Ive set one up and already got 1 job from it. Known him for years but never really knew I was a plasterer. Hes told me its my job and it costs whatever it costs

Olican ive set up an account rather than a page so youd have to add me. Sb plastering Coventry

I have used Building control for years. Used it for mail shoots and canvasing. Last year we put an advert in the Building control folder which gets sent out with all Applications and queries. tens of thousands were distributed, not one phone call. Had more response from a newsagent window add I kept in place all year
Yeah, that's a load of ballox. We did the same - got naff all as most builders have their own spreads and price it in..

Might have a shufty at Farcebook (actually pretty good for looking up old friends etc.)

Yeah, that's a load of ballox. We did the same - got naff all as most builders have their own spreads and price it in..

Might have a shufty at Farcebook (actually pretty good for looking up old friends etc.)

you might find an old flame on FB..........a shoulder to cry on and all that marra...................:RpS_thumbup:

I've got a page, it's free and another avenue to get your name out there and you can add pics so potential customers can see your work, I just need to find time to keep updating it lol

My mate uses it and he puts an 'advert' on at least once a week but all he gets is people asking for discounts 'seeing as I know you on FB' :RpS_lol:

I dont advertise. Just talk about the days job every few days etc. Just keeps you fresh in peoples minds. If someone was advertising every day id get annoyed and delete them

Status
Not open for further replies.