Labourer sacked

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
for an adult doing a 40 hour week the minimum wage is £6.50 (Going up 20p in october) so thats £260 , our labourer is 20 so the minimum wage for him is £5.13, so £205 for a 40 hour week, we pay him double that,, we would never find any one who would be prepared to work his way up to £300- £400 in 18 months time, they want that from day one

There must be a shortage of labour? labs are ten a penny up here.

Here is where the labourer is hiding
Crafty

Attachments

• 1438173331819.jpg
    1438173331819.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 412
I had an apprentice for about 10 months was picking the job up well to be fair but had an ego.
His scooter broke down and I wouldn't pick him, told him to catch a bus and show a bit of commitment and he quit over that. Cheeky c**t.
Worst thing is another month and I'd have got my first £1500 from CITB. Sods law

Yeh, I wasted £700 on my apprentice and will get nothing in the way of grants. Don't think I will bother with this grant business, chances of the lad quitting or getting sacked before the first grant is due is too high.

Grant first training second.

Yeah tell me about it, sounds all nice and easy, basically guaranteed money but in reality you've just get a teenage arse to wipe for a bit until you lose patience!

there must be a big north /south divide on labourers money, what this lad could get in 18 months time we have to pay straight away and we still struggle to get anyone who is decent, a lad we started 6 weeks ago quit after 4 weeks and said "its not working out", i said its a bloody job not a relationship you t**t and the lad we replaced him with 2 weeks ago who has no experience and is on £400 a week told us on friday he would be happier on £120 a day, yeah i bet he fooking would
Can I work for you, I'll be wanting 120 for the labouring but I promise to put a couple of smallish walls on a day too.... Maybe even bead a bit if your super nice to me. Don't mind making the tea either and I can drive

Why is it that when you're a labourer you hate making tea, try everything to get out of it, shop runs too, couldn't stand doing them.
Now, if I'm not working on my own, I'll do anything to make the tea, do the shop run. Anything to not actually work!! Labouring is wasted on the untrained I tell thee!! :D

How long you had the Ritmo Mac? To be fair for first few months we all f**k*d it up and had tubs full of render but couldn't sack myself!

Can I work for you, I'll be wanting 120 for the labouring but I promise to put a couple of smallish walls on a day too.... Maybe even bead a bit if your super nice to me. Don't mind making the tea either and I can drive
Thought you said "bend a bit"

How long you had the Ritmo Mac? To be fair for first few months we all f**k*d it up and had tubs full of render but couldn't sack myself!

Got it at the start of April.

The kid wasn't listening and made the same mistakes over and over, his attitude towards the machine was it was its fault, not his own, why it fooked up.

Tried moving it when we were rendering an aldi store by pulling the power cable and snapped the plug.

I had to set it up, (he had been trained by Les) every morning, he started to try and dump 3/4 bags in at a time then blamed the machine when it overloaded and cut off.

Left the gun overnight (forgot to clean it) so it had set mono in it the next day.

The bolt on the top of the hooper to open the grill was smacked endlessly to get it open and probably needs replacing.

Iv totted up how much render I cannot account for and its 40 + bags so that's over £400 wasted.

These aren't mistakes that cost you a day here and there, they're mistakes that break a Ritmo.

Got a new lad now who ran it for a few days last week, already seems better that the last kid.

I also docked his wages by £90 replacing tools he smashed and broke in anger or "just left", the new lad has been told the same.

Cool I'm in then. I'll start Tues as I'm not keen on Mondays and don't really want to start before 10 as rush hour in Brighton is a nightmare. I'll get a brew on when I arrive though, I work better after a cuppa. What times lunch?
no time for lunch ronnie, well be finishing at 1 pm if thats ok with you

No 'Plasterers labourers' around the UK then?:)Hard enough to get these days, all the quality old school lads are snapped up with the same crew a long time, retired or brown bread!

I recently had one from Geasons. 18 year old with no experience. I paid him £150 a week and did not have him do any labouring. He was interested but knocked the first Monday and Fifth Monday so had to go. It was because my other spread at the time knocked every Monday so I was training this lad as back up. Mondays was a must.

In the four weeks I had him I had to pay to send him to Manchester for a weeks training which was for an nvq in English? I never got £1 in return for the time I had him.

So I suggest pay minimum pay to start with, with agreed progress pay increases. Most don't stick it, they find the work to hard.

You can get grants worth £100 a week but they are paid 13 weeks in arrears. You will be lucky if they last 13 weeks.

I have just taken my 4th apprentice in 5 years.
He's a good lad like all others have been.
You lot must be very unlucky with the boys you take on.
£110 a week he gets.worth every penny.
Charge him out for 70 a day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.