Labourer sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

Well after 4 months, 6 render jobs and 2 plastering jobs iv decided to take the decision to sack the sorry excuse of a man which happened to be my labourer

Finally tipped me over the edge, when I dropped him off on Friday and told him I'd settle his wages up on Saturday as I hadn't got the chance to go to the bank.

Sat at the computer sending out a few invoices and quotes Saturday morning he text saying he needs his money, I replied I'll drop it off in a few hours as I was busy, 4 texts messages in the next 2 hours all telling me he wants his money, he's in the pub can I drop it there I finally lost it and told the c**t to stop fooking pestering me, sent a text immediately after telling him he was also sacked for being fooking useless and that I'm not risking my reputation anymore taking him to work.

I bollocked him for about the 6th time on Friday, proper bollocked him, telling him that it was my name on the back of his hi-vis and that when he fooks up its me the customer rings while he's sat at home with mummy and daddy watching Spider-Man ramming his dinner down his throat eagerly awaiting dessert which I'm fairly sure is his mothers breast milk.

His prep work on jobs, sheeting up, taping windows, doesn't do it, his running of the ritmo L (despite me taking him to les for training and paying) he can't set the fooking thing up, running it after iv set it going is hit and miss, overloading being a favourite trick of his, cleaning it down after, a rush job, which in turn fooks me the next time we use it.

His cleaning up of jobs after we've done, oh my, 4 hours to clean 3 windows, 9 hours to sweep 3 sides of a house which I had to do again the following day.

His attitude was disgusting, the painters on my job were taking the piss something rotten, 7am my c**t jumps out of the van with shades on they all start asking why iv got the terminator working for me, he's had 12 karate lessons and walks around like he's "10 men" the painters words not mine, he could not be told what to to and had an excuse for everything.

I told him on Friday, why not be a man and hold your hands up when you drop a bollock and just say "sorry Chris, I'll get on it now"

It was a toss off job for him, turn up get the money and blow it in the pub while he watches his ex girlfriend being taken home by everyone else apart from him.

24 years old, mind it's not all bad, he's going on holiday in a caravan with his mum and dad again in September.

He had a good job and a good chance to learn a trade, possibly earning £300/£400 a week in 12 18 months time if he'd have shown some interest.

Now I'm back looking for someone else, iv got plasterers local lads, wanting to come with me but don't want to risk training the competition and paying for the privilege.

Ideally looking for 17/19 years old, someone I can mould a bit, someone who has pride in there job be it sweeping up or filling a skip, do they exist?

Advice on where to find these would be great lads, ta

Yes mate I'm bang on.

I'v took the missus to work at 6 this morning so I'm up.

I'm golfing at 1 so though I'd spend a few hours on here posting something else to read apart from

'What ratio do I mix S&C'

'Tiger stripes in my work'

'Do I lay in with the same mix'

U get me bro

It's my writing style marshy, honestly mate, I'm sat on patio with a coffee chilling out in my dressing gown.

The real aggression is later when I spoil a good walk throwing my driver down the 16th

No worries mate id hate for anybody to be on a downer especially at the weekend. As for me big fry up shortly then couple of errands then home for few beers and roast lamb :birra:

Golf, pick the bird up and KFC for tea most likely.

I'm off tomorrow but have to clean the van which is absolutely choka, need the ritmo out stripped and cleaned.

Has anyone visited the colleges and picked up young lads from there? For work purposes obviously, I'm not talking Jimmy saville tricks here.

Job centre? Although @Rigsby has told me the type of chaps there, the last kid was local and worked in my local pub but don't want to be going down that route again.

Iv got an ad on Internet but it seems to be attracting plasterers who will wants £80+ a day no doubt and fook off in 2 months when they think they can render themselves

Try the colleges and skill centres doesnt cost to ask? If you get one through citb you get grants which help? My apprentice is 23 now starts his 3rd year next doing really well plus i get £420 every 3 month nota fortune but better than nothing (y)

@mac_plastering I'm not sure where you based, but in school time I get a call once a month from Amersham and Wycombe college to take someone on, it might worth a try

Just got a lad now from Twitter believe it or not.

17, learning to drive previously work for a large drylining outfit but left, was on £130 a week.

Lives 5 miles the other way to which I work but maybe worth a shot.

I'd train him myself and arrange for him to be assessed when ready, not a big fan of college route.

What worries me about the apprentice route is quiete times, holiday pay when I have no work, contracts and paperwork etc etc

Just got a lad now from Twitter believe it or not.

17, learning to drive previously work for a large drylining outfit but left, was on £130 a week.

Lives 5 miles the other way to which I work but maybe worth a shot.

I'd train him myself and arrange for him to be assessed when ready, not a big fan of college route.

What worries me about the apprentice route is quiete times, holiday pay when I have no work, contracts and paperwork etc etc

Fair play.
It's not easy for people who want to take someone on is it.
Like you say with quiet times, nothing or little coming in and they still need paying.
I did give up on young ones last years after getting through a few.
Gave a new one a chance few weeks ago and he's doing ok.
He has no experience but willing to learn which helps.
If they do it for the sake of it then they are never no good.

Everyone was telling me to sack him, people in the local who knew him, former work colleagues who didn't like him, my missus, my mate who knew him from school, my other mate who met him at golf and football.

I just thought I could break the c**t, obviously not.

See what replies I get from my ad and Twitter post.

:hola::hola:Sure theres good lads out there but they have generally parents with good work ethics or they are standing on their own two feet,if still hanging off their mums tit as you say no real hope for them.
They will obviously muddle through life but not an easy road for them or anyone who encounters them my shortest lived lab was 15mins picked him up outside his place drove off was asleep in 5mins and i could smell the drink off him like pub carpet first roundabout heading back n dropped him off

Also his last wage is due next Friday as I keep a week in hand.

He worked 5 days this week.

Monday sprayed

Tuesday sprayed

Wednesday cleaned (no evidence of this)

Thursday cleaned (I had to follow him around and re-do)

Friday cleaned ( again just turned up and mooched about)

He has broke or destroyed the following.

Plug on ritmo (tried moving it by pulling cable)

All the buckets have set render in them and have been skipped

R&S blocked and had to put new 1 in

Between 8/10 bags of render either left in rain or chucked in back of van split and on or under wet sheets

Wasted between 10/20 bags by overloading, or dumping bags on before he's properly set up

Broke the shovel and lost dust pan and brush, also endless amounts of finishing plastering brushed.

A black bin which was £15 now ruined as he filled it with waste render, set solid and had to be skipped.

He's had gloves and boots bought for him which are now obviously no good to me.

Should I fook his last wage off to replace or at least put towards what damage he's caused.

Mac if you don't pay him all he's going to do is slag you off and it will all get blown out of proportion and you know that living in the same area some ffucking idiots are going to believe his side of the story mate,if I can give you a bit of advice just pay him and move on mate ffucking him

To be honest I don't think I should, tomorrow iv got to spend the day shopping for s**t I had for years such as a shovel, dust pan and brush, new finishing brushes, a bin, new buckets, and whatever else I find broken when I clean van out tomorrow, the plug on the ritmo L, is this easily replaceable?

Don't get me wrong I don't like not paying someone, but why should I pay for him having no respect for my tools, it is my fault for putting up with him but it's not my fault for the tools he's ruined,

Mac if you don't pay him all he's going to do is slag you off and it will all get blown out of proportion and you know that living in the same area some ffucking idiots are going to believe his side of the story mate,if I can give you a bit of advice just pay him and move on mate ffucking him
Ffuck him

Is same as any relationship that goes wrong it can be drawn out and ugly with negative s**t thrown back n forth or you can make clean break and focus on the positives elsewhere in your life so becomes distant memory .

I agree, but like with other jobs, he has to replace what he's damaged.

My step father is a chef, he gets charged £5 per plate that he breaks, he's just said to me to go replace what he's broken, put what's left in an envelope with the receipt and also give him the broken tools, set brushes and leave him too it.

I'm not going to charge him for the render he's wasted, or the R&S he left to set.

Just the buckets, shovel, dustpan and brush, new bin, new finishing brushes and a new plug for the ritmo.

What's he going to say or do, he ripped me off on my last wage, it's quite clear I haven't iv just replaced s**t he's broke and destroyed.

Took me years to find a decent lads seen heard it all !!!
I've gone through, putting them through there brickwork apprenticeship ... Then leave to be a chef LOOL then ringing me back 6 month later please can. I come back ......fool...
I have 2 lads labouring ! both are trying to out do each for grafting ..haha

I would just give him his wages
He won't be draining you anymore ...

Give some new lads interviews then 1-2 week trials
Good luck ..

I have to disagree.

If you saw the state of the back of the van, heard the excuses he gave when he broke things, saw the amount of buckets and brushes skipped due to not being cleaned after being told endless times to clean them you'd think different.

He broke the shovel handle Thursday or Friday, I told him to go get the handle I'd screw it back on, he shrugged his shoulders and said dunno where it is.

The kid has no respect and even left tab ends in the van, it was either lace someone's driveways or leave them in the van, I told him loads of times I'll post them through his letter box if he carried on.

This isn't about me teaching him a lesson, teaching him respect or getting my own back, really, it's about me not having to shell out more £ on tools due to his incompetence, he's gone, he's not my problem anymore, I stopped paying for him when I sacked him, tools included.

I had a lad I caught smoking weed at work I sacked him he didn't tell his dad who was a health and safety and risk assessment officer for the NHS then his dad tried to take me to court which I let go so far (costing him money)then asked him if smoking drugs was a instant sackable offence? He then looked at me and said his son don't even smoke lol.
I just asked him to ask his son about his habits never heard another thing :) some lads are useless but finding one that wants to work is hard.

Clean your clubs chill out and loosen your grip or you'll be throwing your driver well before the 16th tee

Sounds like you have made your mind up? Its your buisness what you do mac none of us on here know the full story. Fingers crossed the next lad you employ is half decent and has the right attitude (y)

Sounds like you have made your mind up? Its your buisness what you do mac none of us on here know the full story. Fingers crossed the next lad you employ is half decent and has the right attitude (y)

Thanks buddy, yeah fingers crossed.

The next 1 will be warned about tools damaged, but no way am I paying for s**t iv had for years again due to laziness

Mac, if you don't pay him and hold back dough he'll learn....

You've just gone through all that and got him ready for some one else.

I'd pay him and let some other c**t go through the same ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.