labour rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigel1

Hi Folks

New here. I run a suspended ceiling and partition company in North East England, I'm being asked to price more and more plastering work.

Anybody got any ideas on fair square metre labour rates for skimming, two coat work, rendering, beading, dot & dab etc?

Many thanks in anticipation

Hi Folks

New here. I run a suspended ceiling and partition company in North East England, I'm being asked to price more and more plastering work.

Anybody got any ideas on fair square metre labour rates for skimming, two coat work, rendering, beading, dot & dab etc?

Sorry bud we don't discuss prices on this forum

Ya alreet welcome along marra but prices are a no no on here so do not expect any useful replies and tbf would you tell the competition what you are charging? :RpS_unsure:

Hi Nigel

Welcome along

This forum does not openly discuss prices!

you would be better off asking for contractors to contact you and get them to price the work up for you.....

You need to add a means of contact as well....

Good Luck!

Hi Folks

£150 m2 :RpS_thumbsup:

Hi mate. we dont discuss rates or prices on this forum. equation is simple though.

Day rate your willing to pay for labour - divided by the amount of square metres you expect to be done in a day = price per metre.

Hi Folks

Anybody got any ideas on fair square metre labour rates for skimming, two coat wok, rendering, beading, dot & dab etc?
a

What's the name of your company ? What do you pay m2 for suspended ceiling work ? How much for dpartition work a m2 ? As much info as you can please about your pricing structure will help us to assist you with your quiery

no one available anyway , i was looking for a plasterer and made the mistake of saying I know what it should look like..

I need a price per m2 to remove some sbr slurry off some brickwork..............can anyone help me......................:RpS_unsure:

knock the wall down and re build Arti..... cheaper and easier! LOL

I here brickies are 2 a penny..... so everyone tells me as a board supplier anyway...LOL

I need a price per m2 to remove some sbr slurry off some brickwork..............can anyone help me......................:RpS_unsure:
Mark bond ,interested ....must stop doing that :RpS_blushing: but it makes me laugh :RpS_laugh: ,need to get out more often i think :-(

Hi Folks

sounds like your making plans Nigel!!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think you hit the nail on the head there mate :RpS_thumbup:

Yeh Keith but how much should I charge for hitting the nails in? and how many nails can I do in an hour? How many nails per M2??..:RpS_unsure:..... . ............:RpS_biggrin:

Yeh Keith but how much should I charge for hitting the nails in? and how many nails can I do in an hour? How many nails per M2??..:RpS_unsure:..... . ............:RpS_biggrin:
Ok ,first of ..how big is the hammer you are using ,second .....why are you as mad as me ?:RpS_lol:

You are forgetting one vital component of your pricing structure question How much should you charge for flattening your finger or thumb with the hammer :RpS_laugh:

• is the work for you or to contract out to others?
•what kind of work is it?
•are you providing materials?
•will you have to come out to oversee the work if for subbies?
•are the firms who are offering work big time or just small companies? (big time usually screw you around more, waiting for money/want it done for peanuts and like 500m2 in a day)

^^ all of above could be big considerations to take making prices.. You should perhaps ask your subbies what they normally work for and see what you can do for them. If you have never seen the work before i would get them to do a test area too if its a lot of work! last thing you want is to sub out work and find you have loads of snags and work to fix!

Oooorrrr, if you know a plasterer, pass the work onto him to sort out as he will more than likely have a better idea of it all (just get him to make you a bit of cash for getting the job?) meterage varies job to job for me, although i normally work out prices by how long it will take me rather than per meterage. But i do mainly work domestic.

Just my 2pence

Wow, you couldn't make it up.

Wants a price list for skimming, roughing & rendering, pass the work onto somebody who knows what they are doing.

• is the work for you or to contract out to others?
•what kind of work is it?
•are you providing materials?
•will you have to come out to oversee the work if for subbies?
•are the firms who are offering work big time or just small companies? (big time usually screw you around more, waiting for money/want it done for peanuts and like 500m2 in a day)

^^ all of above could be big considerations to take making prices.. You should perhaps ask your subbies what they normally work for and see what you can do for them. If you have never seen the work before i would get them to do a test area too if its a lot of work! last thing you want is to sub out work and find you have loads of snags and work to fix!

Oooorrrr, if you know a plasterer, pass the work onto him to sort out as he will more than likely have a better idea of it all (just get him to make you a bit of cash for getting the job?) meterage varies job to job for me, although i normally work out prices by how long it will take me rather than per meterage. But i do mainly work domestic.

Just my 2pence

So if you have to work for a big firm and wait longer for money do you charge more?

So if you have to work for a big firm and wait longer for money do you charge more?

No, but i would sort out some payment terms with them personally. Dont like waiting for money. If they dont want me, they can look elsewhere i will not miss them..

Status
Not open for further replies.