KRend Problems

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoroughlyfedup

I have had bad experience of KRend cracking and have heard of other people having the same experience. The manufacturers are not interested although they offer a supposed 30 year guarantee, when you try to talk to them about problems of cracking they just tell you that it's your fault and nothing to do with them.

You sound a bit down mate, tell us about the problems, there are a lot of lads on here with years of expertise in monocouche render who may be able to help, so start from the beginning and don't worry I'm sure it will all be fine.

Yep, totally agree, if it wasn't for you guy's at l+d i would probably have jumped off a bridge by now, i've had it crack (even in places you wouldn't think it could happen) even had it come off in huge sheets but perseverance and great tips from these guys helped me no end..

Dont worry so much mate, cracks unfortunately, are a part of rendered buildings, I recon every renderer at some stage in their career will get a crack, if you have an excessive problem then it could be down to bad prep or a poor installer but alot of the time crack are down to the building substructure - not always the render so forget any 30 year warranty, thye warranty is a load of bumf compiled to tick in with nhbc, insurance, co. etc if it turns pink over night you might have a case for warranty but remember render is render, just stuff from the ground slapped on the wall people take the warranty thing too far (prob down to the fancy websites or the sweet talk from the rep but its not a TV set or a car its just mud.

There are anti crack systems on the market, maybe you should have checked them out? (even still they will never be 100% guranteed not to crack though)

Never get cracking problems with parex monorex. Used krend a few times but IMO its quite inferior and that god damn ecorend! Now there's a render that wants to slump, crack or generally catch you out.

we had nothing but problems with k rend,[as ive said on previous posts] we had one batch a while ago that we were using that was batched in slightly different colours that all was suppose to be the same colour off the same pallet, i also had problems with cracking and loamy surfaces when dried, and as said the after sales at k rend is poor.Parex gear monorex and the gf grade is a far superior product plus they have the micro gobetis which is one of the best products about.

Don't bother with Weber either, thats just as bad! I did a big job recently with one known crack in the brickwork. We found a further eight cracks which at first could not be seen. These cracks would have mirrored through and I would have been blamed for them. Now I take photo's of any existing cracks and have diagrams in my book. Bring them to the customers attention and if possible do a brick stitch. Theres more to it than that though. There may have been structural alterations in the past and windows may not have been fitted that well. A window has to put up with wind pressure which will transmit through to the fixings and cause stress. Monocouche is a high tense material which will crack at the slightest bit of stress. Personally I do not think this material is suitable for the re-furb market yet. It may have been around in the new build market for 3 decades (although every site I know of has cracks) but the re-furb market is still in it's infancy and there are lessons to yet be learnt.

I now fully mesh all pre rend material, go beyond the min spec for stress patches in the mono, install a foam strip around windows,doors, sills and pipes to create an expansion gap and silicone afterwards. Down pipes have twice as many clips as usual with the brown plugs in the brick not the mono so there is a gap around the screw going through the mono so stress is not transmitted.

The weber reps are full of get out clauses that put you in the blame but nowhere in their 37 page instruction book or in their render solutions book do they mention some of their get out clauses what I have mentioned above.

Monocouche and it's application is nothing like conventional render. Look at the manufacturers advice/instructions and it only relates to new build. Faults with re-furbs are not covered and you are on your own. Anyone wanting Monocouche of me will be warned of the consequences and I will put it in writing to cover myself.

When it comes to cracks at the sill corners show the customer a piece of cardboard say A4 size and another same size but with 3 windows and a door cut out. Then pull both sides on the solid piece of board and the same with the cut outs. The solid one will be hard to twist but the cut out one will be easy. That will show why cracks start at the corners. Building move in gales and you will will find that sills crack more than lintels do because lintels are locked in as sills are not.

Good luck with the customer and forget about the manufacturers waranty, there isn't one. Write in your own to protect yourself.

we had nothing but problems with k rend,[as ive said on previous posts] we had one batch a while ago that we were using that was batched in slightly different colours that all was suppose to be the same colour off the same pallet, i also had problems with cracking and loamy surfaces when dried, and as said the after sales at k rend is poor.Parex gear monorex and the gf grade is a far superior product plus they have the micro gobetis which is one of the best products about.

I have an ongoing dispute with Weber with the same problem. 2 pallets was delivered factory sealed and the first 15-20 bags are a different colour to the rest. The wall is high and will need a scaffold at £750. Then there's the equalizing solution at £96 a tub by 3 tubs. Me and the customer has a big fall out over this as the rep blamed me for putting a debris net over the apex to keep the breeze and sun off for 2 hours although there is an area that wasn't covered. What a load off crap!

She is now wanting her money back. Not finished with Weber yet.

So people slag of S&C saying "it cracks" and "it takes so much longer to do" and now the truth starts to come out that mono suffers from the same problems and more, cracks, differing colours and now the need to use base coats:confused:

You just bought a machine to put the stuff on!

It's good stuff and much better than s&c, the mix is correct and isn't as brittle as s&c, you have to embed mesh at weak points and apply correctly and you will not have many problems, the truth of it is if a problem occurs it's usually applied incorrectly, but the odd crack fill it and tell em to contact NASA to confirm the Earth is moving all the time.

You just bought a machine to put the stuff on!

It's good stuff and much better than s&c, the mix is correct and isn't as brittle as s&c, you have to embed mesh at weak points and apply correctly and you will not have many problems, the truth of it is if a problem occurs it's usually applied incorrectly, but the odd crack fill it and tell em to contact NASA to confirm the Earth is moving all the time.

What my machine will do more than spray some finish? Happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.