Krend For First Time - Score It Please

ChloeRadshaw2

I had someone do the rendering on my house - The cost of labout was £35 a square metre so in total 3.5K - They finished about a week ago and I am not completely happy

Am I being fussy or is this not acceptabel finish - I guess i am after a score out of 10

Suprisingly for me

1) they did use HP12 to thr right thickness as onthe data sheet from Krend
2) The did use a mesh coat
3) The top coat is more like 4mm thick and scraped rather than 10mm - I know that because of the number of bags that were used

Does this job look tidy ? Its patchy and some large scrapes

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.18 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.17.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.18.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.19 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.19.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.21.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.23.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.24.jpeg

Scraped?

10mm?

Am I missing something here?

Looks like you may have your wires crossed.

Look at silicone spec.

I can't get them pics clear enough but that looks like thin coat.

And a poor job.

At least you got your soil stack and roof done in the price.

Its definitely scraped render - not think coat and not on insulation baords.

Why specifically is it a poor job? What do you mean by messy?

So if a real renderer visited the property what would have been different. They would have come in suit and bow tie

Would the finish have been massively different ? Is the existing finish good enough.

The 3.5k was for labour only. This project cost 6k. Hardly peanuts even for wealthy Range Rover plastering men

Yes I remember they used a plastic float - What is the problem with that? What score would you give from those pics?

How perfect do these render jobs come out?
Was the material they spread on top
A- in powder form in bags mixed and laid and then scratched back.
Or
B- A wet grainy looking paint pre mixed that just needed whisking up before using?

It was K1 silicone in bags - I saw the mesh go up and the HP12 base coat

They used 55 bags of HP12 for 100 sqaure metres The top coat was applied thinly because they used only 030 bags of top coat and I was expecting them to use 80 bags per coverage from KRend website

Yes I remember they used a plastic float - What is the problem with that? What score would you give from those pics?

How perfect do these render jobs come out?
If it’s a scratch back mono system that was supposedly applied then they have managed to make it look like a bad bucket silicone textured finish somehow!this is where half the confusion is coming from the pictures aren’t the greatest and everybody is struggling to figure out what the heck they have rattled on yer walls!
Still my money is on they have finished mono with a plastic float with what I can see.

It was K1 silicone in bags - I saw the mesh go up and the HP12 base coat

They used 55 bags of HP12 for 100 sqaure metres The top coat was applied thinly because they used only 030 bags of top coat and I was expecting them to use 80 bags per coverage from KRend website
That 3.5 k would just about cover gear & scaffold - @ real scaffold —— no renderer visited your property
……. The end …

Your asking for advice on your rendering job guys that render day in day for a living are telling you on here it isn’t the best and your arguing the toss with them

So if a real renderer visited the property what would have been different. They would have come in suit and bow tie

Would the finish have been massively different ? Is the existing finish good enough.

The 3.5k was for labour only. This project cost 6k. Hardly peanuts even for wealthy Range Rover plastering men

Just a dickie bow and a bowler hat.

And that's all.