krend e grade on insulation?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry

Private Member
whats the standard spec for krend mono on insulation?

Being told its hpx primer then silcone e grade is that correct?

Exactly. The mono that you see over insulation is not standard its modified.

Parex have a spec maite mesh scratch coat monorexEHI
Weber have one and there is another I know of but as far as I am aware krend do not have a suitable monocouche for insulation application. Standard mono will crack. In fact the modified ones aint still 100 percent.

Best to go hp14 silicone tc

Steve ,what about weber therm xp ,one coat , scratch up next day ,food for thought :RpS_unsure:

This is what I thought and why I was asking.

The job was speced as Weber M1, however its only small and they can find a webber appoved installer to go to chealsea. I cant get Weber M1 as we are not weber approved and its a closed system

I said I can do Parex EHI over Maite but it a 2 week wait for it in brick red

They come back with this krend solution which sounded not right as I know e grade is just standard mono not like the light weigh Parex EHI.

Thanks guys I will tell them its a no go

Good system the therm XP

you recon ? I heard the M1 was still pretty much a given that it will crack even though its a modified mono. The jobs I was told about were on wool insulation though.

I never used it myself, have you applied it over EPS ?

Is it defo a next day scrape? Anyone wanna get some stock for me :razz:

Ring sps envirowall mate they have a UL mono they recon its fine I have a sample here but I dont know if it has any certification or if they will warrant it either ?

If you get stuck with that give me a bell I have contact who could sort you out who supplies a modded mono for insulation.

problem you got at short notice is that colour - hardly anyone keeps that on the shelf.

Ring sps envirowall mate they have a UL mono they recon its fine I have a sample here but I dont know if it has any certification or if they will warrant it either ?

If you get stuck with that give me a bell I have contact who could sort you out who supplies a modded mono for insulation.

problem you got at short notice is that colour - hardly anyone keeps that on the shelf.

Thanks mate give them a bell

You can do a weber m1 course and then you will be able to buy it !
There is actually one next week on the 25th of April, I'm going to do it, ring them up and ask if you can do it too, I'm sure there will be a spare place or two !

I can have a look at the parex training centre to see if they have any red in currier?, they have pallets of odds and sods.

No worries thanks for the offer - Why u at the training centre so often? You contacted to Parex some how?

No worries thanks for the offer - Why u at the training centre so often? You contacted to Parex some how?

Where there favourite applicator....:RpS_unsure:

nah it's on my doorstep, and we've used a lot of there product for donkeys years, hence why they choose us to fit it all out etc.
thats also why I'm a bit of a parex geek as regards products cos I've used em all.

you recon ? I heard the M1 was still pretty much a given that it will crack even though its a modified mono. The jobs I was told about were on wool insulation though.

I never used it myself, have you applied it over EPS ?

Therm Xp sprayed over phenolic, no issues as yet.

Therm Xp sprayed over phenolic, no issues as yet.

it was a hospital onto mineral fibre and everyone that used it had a complaint.

I might have to eat my words regarding paying for app training as weber wont come to site and bend the rules and have the techi come with us for the crack for a day as we install. They say flitwick or bust baby.

got some work I need to warrant so i might have to bite the bullit :RpS_thumbdn: - I will be sla5hed off if the guy is no better than our labourer tho.

Anybody know the setup there and is it usefull or are we gonna be bored in the knowledge they have taken our money for nowt

I might have to eat my words regarding paying for app training as weber wont come to site and bend the rules and have the techi come with us for the crack for a day as we install. They say flitwick or bust baby.

got some work I need to warrant so i might have to bite the bullit :RpS_thumbdn: - I will be sla5hed off if the guy is no better than our labourer tho.

Anybody know the setup there and is it usefull or are we gonna be bored in the knowledge they have taken our money for nowt
I have been up there twice ,and both times found it helpful ,all done low key and machine based

The guy who does the course is ok to be fair, like any course it can become boring especially as you will prob know 95% of the stuff being covered, but if needs must.

Weber like all other manufacturers prefer the people who use there products to undertake the training, but in my honest opinion you learn more on site or on here with the guys who use the products day in, day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.