Krend advice

Members online

Jamil

Morning.
Looking for abit of advice move on from k rendering small garden walls and small extensions to a full house. It was all going well got it all hp12 base coated and prepped. then done 2 over night scrapes, first passed it 11am to 12 2nd passed 2pm finished and cleaned up at 4. Got in the next morning at 7am all went fine. I then done my 3rd scrape on Friday afternoon got my 2nd pass finished by 3pm then went in at 7am and it was a nightmare to scrape back.
Just debating weather to carry on with next day scrapes and get a couple of more scrapers and if it t goes to hard again get the labs onit or try and do a same day scrape with wickes accelerator what are the more experienced renderers thoughts? Using k rend ft over hp 12 temps are around 15-17c
Cheers

Over a base coat same day scrapes should be more than feasible. If you want to overnight, mist the base coat over with water before topping and mist the top over with water before you leave it for the day.

Should give you an extra couple of hours to play with.

The accelerator will make it less workable than mono already is hand applying it will be horrid.

Switch to Weber and you won't have an issue with same day scrapes no accelerator needed in current weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jim does same day apply with 2 passes I set my beads abit to thick so I've got about 15mm Tried to do it in 1 but it sagged abit. Don't u reckon I use the accelerator? My bird goes to work at 6pm so I need to get back for the little one you see

Just get it on as late as you possibly can like 5:30 maybe plus wetting the background.

Having commitments to get back for with mono is just going to add to the stress

You'll struggle to get same day and finished before 6 with Krend even with accel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers will go for that thanks just for future reference with weber in these temperatures what time are you getting it on and finishing?

Thanks Jim does same day apply with 2 passes I set my beads abit to thick so I've got about 15mm Tried to do it in 1 but it sagged abit. Don't u reckon I use the accelerator? My bird goes to work at 6pm so I need to get back for the little one you see

Easy. Tell your missus to quit her job.

Or tell her she can come push some up the wall with you??

Look back at what you did and onto what.

I did a Parex last week with a bit on a South East wall a gable facing South and a bit facing North. Started at 3.30 facing South East and finished spraying the North side at 6.30.

Next day the South East was just nearly ready for I sectioning at 8am and finished at 10am with a breeze on it. The North was still wet at 10am and we winged it at 6pm but idealy 8pm.

Same wall type, 15mm on microgobetis. So you need to look back and consider insulated wall or not to consider heat loss, facing a breeze or not, sun on the wall prior or not. A wall facing South East in the morning will absorb heat from the sun and warm the wall up so fast drying.

Same with late spraying. Cover the wall up to keep it cool during the day. It all adds up and use your past experience to prevent problems.