knauff plaster on aquapanel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

clivo

Hi Guys, gotta plaster a ceiling over a swimming pool using knauff pre mixed finish, ive gened up on the product and get the process, cant spray with the ritmo cus i havent got the skim set, does anyone know if you have to prime the boards before plastering as it says prime before joint filling and taping but says nothing about priming before plastering.cheers guys

Sorry don't know but reminds the time I done swimming pool full of water on stilts over Youngman boards of course what a fool I was .

Hi Guys, gotta plaster a ceiling over a swimming pool using knauff pre mixed finish, ive gened up on the product and get the process, cant spray with the ritmo cus i havent got the skim set, does anyone know if you have to prime the boards before plastering as it says prime before joint filling and taping but says nothing about priming before plastering.cheers guys

Hi Clivo

There is no need to prime the Aquapanel Boards prior to the application of the Aquapanel Interior Skim

If you are used to spraying finishes, this product is sooooooo much easier to apply if sprayed, rather than trying to hand apply! look at hiring an airless machine to spray it - look at hiring for 1 day, honestly, it will be so much easier!

If you want further assistance, contact Knauf on 01795424499 and ask for either the Plaster Business Development Team (Clive or Michael) or one of the Technical Instructors, they will be able to advise machine options and process.

You could also have a chat with @Curry - he does this sort of work A LOT!!

Good Luck mate!

Richard

How big is the ceiling? @clivo
To hire a airless sprayer will be 250 minimum. I would give refina a bell and get a texture gun which you can use with the ritmo for about the same price.

You would need a higher power compressor.

Where u based?

Last edited by a moderator:
How big is the ceiling? @clivo
To hire a airless sprayer will be 250 minimum. I would give refina a bell and get a texture gun which you can use with the ritmo for about the same price.

You would need a higher power compressor.

Where u based?
hi mate, im in stroud gloucestershire, ceiling is 76m,filled and taped joints wed, got 3 spreads putting first coat on this morn by hand then spat over, seemed to go ok. 2nd coat tomorrow spat again then sand on monday, def be sprayer next time, seen your vids on your site looks much easier than hand applied, thanks for advice :RpS_thumbup:

Keep the topcoat tight and you can trowel it up as it pulls in to the dry first coat. 10 mins after spating it

Takes most of the sanding out the job

Got another swimming pool ceiling to do. can we spray thro the eze , if so is it one coat or two also what is the labour only metre rate you lads are charging

Status
Not open for further replies.