Knauf one coat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a start tomorrow, the site uses knauf one coat, I've never used it before. any tips and info would be appreciated.
many thanks

Hi Mate

I am sure that there will be comments from others on here soon..... (both useful and the usual....lol)

feel free to contact the Knauf office and ask for contact details for one of our Technical Instructors who will be happy to talk you through points and questions.....

If you have any problems getting anyone, give me a call 07918766577 - I am not a spread or know anything about the Knauf Plasters, but I will do my best to get someone to contact you!

Best of luck (please post a sensible review on the product afterwards)

Richard

(BTW - There will be instruction on the back of the bag...... don't get angry with that statement - there will be more like it! LOL)

Oh - The Knauf office number is 01795424499 - lines open at 8.30 you should be able to get a mobile number for a TI at that time from reception....

Good Luck!

Hi Mate

I am sure that there will be comments from others on here soon..... (both useful and the usual....lol)

feel free to contact the Knauf office and ask for contact details for one of our Technical Instructors who will be happy to talk you through points and questions.....

If you have any problems getting anyone, give me a call 07918766577 - I am not a spread or know anything about the Knauf Plasters, but I will do my best to get someone to contact you!

Richard

(BTW - There will be instruction on the back of the bag...... don't get angry with that statement - there will be more like it! LOL)

Cheers bud

Hi Mate

Richard

not getting any response from anyone, and here's me thinking there arnt any daft questions:)

Anybody remember SNOPLAST the first one coat plaster on the go. Knauf is like putting on dairylee spread compared to that ****.

Anybody remember SNOPLAST the first one coat plaster on the go. Knauf is like putting on dairylee spread compared to that ****.

snoplast that was blue circles attempt at plastering. it was just the same as thistle universal and knauf. setting time may be slow there is a colour change as it sets.

Look at the knauf website will give you full details on how to apply it, all systems are different, knauf is wet fix, adhesive and pins, one coat render, one top coat.. great for this weather as there is only one coat render, one top... be happy...lol

Plus if your on a site using Knauf system, get them to assess you and get an installer card...it will be worth it next year...!!!!

I think it's a finish plaster just like multi and board finish.
Will know tomorrow When I see the bags, I'm just going off what the other spread has told me.

The knauf plaster I used on site I treated it the same a with thistle apart from near last trowel it used to tear so left it and went bk when it started to turn but that was in December of 2010 when it was really cold on a keepmoat site in thurnscoe

Oh I've never sponged a wall before, should be fun:)

you have got a sponge float? you do not want to push the wall out of shape. you put the sponge float over the plaster to bring the fat up to trowel up.
if you do not have a sponge float you could lay the wall in but your meterage will be down.

you have got a sponge float? you do not want to push the wall out of shape. you put the sponge float over the plaster to bring the fat up to trowel up.
if you do not have a sponge float you could lay the wall in but your meterage will be down.
The other set of spreads or giving it a second coat, I don't want to do that if I can get away with it, elbows or knackerd already. Thinking about a machine to be honest, not just for the extra m2, but for saving the joints.

If it is mix it stiffer then multi. It should just about pour out of the bucket. When u get going with mp finish u won't look back

2 coat by hand if its mp finish. One coat directly after another and mix it.thicker then BG stuff. It's will thin out as you spread.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Why is it better to get installer card . Wats happening next year

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Yeah it's mp finish and I love it. It's strange, like been said it just keeps on spreading. feels thick in the bucket and on the spot board but then it spreads like butter, weird. Was using ss trowel to put on,speedskim to flatten then the refina plastic trowel with plenty of water to finish with no tiger stripes. Think I've fallen in love.
Thanks to all.
P.s don't know how to do multiple quotes.

It tends to hang around for ages so you can get loads m2 on as well
I was going to say, I don't think I've ever put on as much before without strugling, I could have put more on, but with it been my first time with mp finish I turned around and thought I better stop now:)

I was going to say, I don't think I've ever put on as much before without strugling, I could have put more on, but with it been my first time with mp finish I turned around and thought I better stop now:)

Me me and my mate done same don't realise how much u put on,good stuff

i much prefer knaufs mp finish to anything bg produce but for some reason @Runswithscissors doesnt want to push it out there more to try and compete with bg and take them down a peg or 2 haha.
thats right rich i blame it entirely on you ya big barst

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.