KNAUF finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanLime

Hi,

I've been asked to work on job where we'll be using knauf finish on boards. Some of the other lads didn't seem too keen but I didn't get the chance to ask why.
Anyone out there used Knauf lime finish?
Any problems?
How does it differ from Multifinish ir Board finish?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers Iab

we used a fair bit of it on some council mods. it goes alot further than multi or board finish does, seem to get loads of m2 on per bag. doesnt seem to polish up like you can with board & multi either. dont give it much water and we used to lay it down why it was abit wetter as it went in better. also it doesnt fill out very well so we used to flash abit round the beads etc first

sorry, I have no idea why I put the word "lime" in there, must be obsessed. Thanks for the info, getting an idea of how it works. Guess it'll all come clear when I've done a couple of walls. It's for the TV programme DIY SOS......sponsored by Knauf apparently.
Cheers
IanB

Hello matey,we used 15 yrs ago i think its changed since then but all barretts jobs made us use it.Couple tips we used was fill out beads before, we added dab compound.1 rolling gauge the stuff hangs for ages,least water the better the finish which was matt no matter how many times you cross it.we found using a carbon steel trowel instead of stainless helped get it flatter.1st coat-2nd coat-sponge-2x cross.defo fill every thing out 1st because anything heavy just rolls around.Does a favour and tell nick knowles his a w**k*r mate.hope this helps.lol

I've only used this finish a handful of times, and from what I've seen so far I'm not overly keen.
I fill out my beads casings etc with stiff stuff first, then use fresh stuff for putting on.
I always two coat my skimming, but have been told by several people that if you try and lay down knauf finish with a fresh mix it just peels off. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
I've a lot of work coming up where use of knauf is mandatory and I want to be as clued up as possible before jumping in.
Thanks

used it years ago on a site of bungalows, if it`s same shxx:-0. we called it NAFF gobo, nobody liked it. But it may be differant these days.???????????????

I've only used this finish a handful of times, and from what I've seen so far I'm not overly keen.
I fill out my beads casings etc with stiff stuff first, then use fresh stuff for putting on.
I always two coat my skimming, but have been told by several people that if you try and lay down knauf finish with a fresh mix it just peels off. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
I've a lot of work coming up where use of knauf is mandatory and I want to be as clued up as possible before jumping in.
Thanks

that peeling you are talking about happened a few times, think its when the first coat has gone in too much thats why we used to lay it down why it was wetter than u would with board or multi. noticed over troweling can peel it aswell, a plastic trowel/float is ideal with that stuff just to polish it up because after 3 or 4 trowels it still looks matt.

Must be some kind of technique to it as its used all over Europe, used it in the 80s when BGwhent on strike but cant remember what it was like.

hi we do a pretty s**t job we use knauf one coat plaster on palsterboard cos they been done wrong and then skimming with knauf board finish.but it peels off very easy and does not bonds well.anyone knows somthing about it.i think borad finish is not ment to be used on backing coat
thamks

Status
Not open for further replies.