Knauf Aquapanel - Fitment, detailing, Beads etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaf

Hi there,

We're looking for some advice on Knauf Aquapanel fitment/detailing.

We have a timber-framed self build and are about to fit the knauf board, prior to rendering.

I figured that it would be easier (read:simpler) to fit the battens/boarding myself - (with all the timber frame faff of fitting the battens over straps, missing OSB etc) - and prepare correctly for the render coat.

I'm looking at the Knauf board - but the detailing suggests beads, stops, ventilated beads etc by others?

What products do you tend to use?

My new build neighbour is looking at a product by Alumasc as they seem to have a more comprehensive range of detailing products?

Also, any tips on cutting/the install?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott

Think we have discussed directly yesterday..... but for the forum and future searches, the beads are part of the render package and should be fitted by the render contractor to ensure they get everything plumb ready for the render.

The insect mesh or vent bead is needed to stop insects and vermin getting into the cavity. There are optional choices - most choose to use a stainless steel roll of mesh trapped behind the battening, wrapped to cover the base or head and stapled to the face - this means that if you have to pack the battens to plumb the walling from the TF and SIP panels, the mesh will fill the void completely, where a vent bead is a fixed dimension and may be too big or small for the space if the battens have been trimmed or packed....

Give me a call or drop me a mail to discuss further if needed (click my profile name top left and follow link to my profile and search for my details

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.