K17 won't stick

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingspan man admited full responsibility .paper on back to smooth because it was applied whilst board too warm.they are exchanging all boards and paying for boards allready fixed to be taken off and replaced with new ones..

Yeah, I've used several different kinds of those type boards and it never sticks well to the paper. Doesn't matter if you smear the stuff on or dab it on, if it aint sticking, it aint sticking.

Another thing with them is that they're always bent across the width. At first I thought they were stacked badly at the merchants but now i think it's something to do with the adhesive they use to stick the insulation to the board contracting as it dries.

they dnt use enough glue to pull the board out of shape have you ever took the insulation off the back before dan its like they have just sneezed and though fook it that will do and slapped the insulation on the back

Maybe, it's something along those lines though. Perhaps the insulation shrinks slightly and pulls the board or maybe it just warps easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.