K1 cracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the krend rep out today to look at cracks on my place. His take on it was that the cracks were thermal , suggesting the top coat hasn't adhered to the hpx, as ive done everything to spec, I cant see that , he also said that they were still keeping an eye on k1 as this is the first summer it has been used and while everything seems ok in the cooler months they seem to be having problems with it I the hotter spells, he thinks maybe the aggregate is too fine. anyway the upshot is he will supply materials to overcoat in their thin coat product as this is more flexible, no allowance for scaffold or labour tho ! Bit disappointed with that to be honest but I think its because its my own property which is in the middle of a renovation so maybe he thought its not a paying job , oh well I will try the thincoat and see how it pans out, don't think I will touch K1 again tho ! :RpS_crying:

Well it is more than Weber would have done.

Been using k1 for awhile now, was having the same issues. If you are talking about shrinking cracks once laid on There are ways off reducing the problems which are a bit more labour intensive.
For the cracking issue which we found to be the main problem, as soon as the render has picked up enough to put an I bar/scratcher on it do so. the cracks seem to happen when render is left once laid on, you will find that once the render is open it will stop cracking.
I am in weekly contact with k rend regarding these problems and as said before they are tinkering with the product to resolve these issues and once they have I think I will be an half decent product.

Been using k1 for awhile now, was having the same issues. If you are talking about shrinking cracks once laid on There are ways off reducing the problems which are a bit more labour intensive.
For the cracking issue which we found to be the main problem, as soon as the render has picked up enough to put an I bar/scratcher on it do so. the cracks seem to happen when render is left once laid on, you will find that once the render is open it will stop cracking.
I am in weekly contact with k rend regarding these problems and as said before they are tinkering with the product to resolve these issues and once they have I think I will be an half decent product.
It's a terrible product that cracks which other renders don't do, so obviously something's wrong, we've had to rerender 2 houses with k1 the first was done on the turn of the weather so we had hard scrapes and turned up the next day hard scrapes etc, the job has ran on and we've had a spray today and exactly the same happened, if you squeeze it in you're hand it reminds me of pit sand, if anyone's thinking of using it have a serious think about the consequences of how it could change you're life it really is that bad

It's a terrible product that cracks which other renders don't do, so obviously something's wrong, we've had to rerender 2 houses with k1 the first was done on the turn of the weather so we had hard scrapes and turned up the next day hard scrapes etc, the job has ran on and we've had a spray today and exactly the same happened, if you squeeze it in you're hand it reminds me of pit sand, if anyone's thinking of using it have a serious think about the consequences of how it could change you're life it really is that bad

I agree it cracks and yes it not up there yet with weber or parex and it still needs work, but once you understand how the product works

I agree it cracks and yes it not up there yet with weber or parex and it still needs work, but once you understand how the product works

You can get a half decent job(sorry press send by accident ) ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1406316967.866994.jpg

Albert you come across as bad as the reps, if it cracks you've ruined someone's house if that's acceptable and that seems acceptable to KRend because that's 'just what happens' you're trying to cover something up, parex doesn't do it and we don't need to treat it any different for the last 10 years, krend is a joke and as soon as they go out of business the better

Albert you come across as bad as the reps, if it cracks you've ruined someone's house if that's acceptable and that seems acceptable to KRend because that's 'just what happens' you're trying to cover something up, parex doesn't do it and we don't need to treat it any different for the last 10 years, krend is a joke and as soon as they go out of business the better

good to have you back Dave, this place hasn't been the same without you :RpS_thumbsup:

I won't be staying on here I logged on a month or so ago to have a look at this this thread and can't hold it in anymore, don't use it it's ******* terrible and will ruin you!

What's the worst thing that can happen when rendering,cracking!!
Can't understand why so many People still using it
Bobby apparently as far as our local rep said they used it during the winter and it was fine and now were in the summer it doesn't like the heat, this is still experimental they don't know what there doing themselves

I won't be staying on here I logged on a month or so ago to have a look at this this thread and can't hold it in anymore, don't use it it's ******* terrible and will ruin you!

The legend has returned............................:RpS_laugh:

Spunky try reading what I have wrote mate, yes it does crack yes it's not right that it does and yes it is not as good as parex/weber but if you read other post before jumping on your high horse you will see that I'm not trying to say its great.
All I'm saying is when you start a site with it and you have another 10 house to complete and changing product is not an option what choice do you have, you make the best of it which I have manage to do an now I can use the product without cracking.

Hope all is good in your world :RpS_thumbup:

Spunky try reading what I have wrote mate, yes it does crack yes it's not right that it does and yes it is not as good as parex/weber but if you read other post before jumping on your high horse you will see that I'm not trying to say its great.
All I'm saying is when you start a site with it and you have another 10 house to complete and changing product is not an option what choice do you have, you make the best of it which I have manage to do an now I can use the product without cracking.
Albert I'm not jumping on my high horse I'm surprised you take it so personally you're probably a rep anyway lol
anyway today we laid a wall on, stood back in amazement at all the cracks .... Had a bit of lunch, as a lad was opening it up I was behind opening and filling the cracks then after the we I sectioned it again, I went behind scraping and I had to reopen 90 percent of the cracks and refill them and they stand out like a sore thumb it's a shot product and if it were webber or parex we wouldn't be having this discussion

Bobby apparently as far as our local rep said they used it during the winter and it was fine and now were in the summer it doesn't like the heat, this is still experimental they don't know what there doing themselves
well why the hell are they letting us trial it for them ? this should have been tested in the summer as well. im just glad I discovered it on my own place and not a customers, I will certainly never use the product again. Parex or webber from now on, and to add insult to injury, still have not heard back from krend about supplying materials to overcoat the cracked gable :RpS_cursing:

well why the hell are they letting us trial it for them ? this should have been tested in the summer as well. im just glad I discovered it on my own place and not a customers, I will certainly never use the product again. Parex or webber from now on, and to add insult to injury, still have not heard back from krend about supplying materials to overcoat the cracked gable :RpS_cursing:
if I were you I'd ask for a refund and use parex or the same will happen again

What I can't understand about k 1 is surely before they sent it out it must have been tested to an inch of its life under every circumstance,parex do it with outfits, we were one of the first in this country to trial parinter for them. so why is an inferior product still being sent out. They've tried to get us using it, the rep has been out seemed a decent chap I've got a load sat in my yard (sent on trial) but I've not used it as other renderers I know have all slated it.
So whose buying it? I was speaking to the owner at direct building recently and there shifting 5000 plus bags a week at the moment.

if I were you I'd ask for a refund and use parex or the same will happen again
I wasn't going to use k1 to cover it, the rep suggested using tc15 their thin coat product, shows how much faith they have in K1

No spunky I am not a rep, all I was trying to do was give people advice if like me have to use it and how to get over these issues. I fully agree no one should have to accommodate the material as I have told the reps but As I have said I am stuck using this product until the site is finished

Says it all clivo
Good luck Albertobigcockiofski I hope you achieve all you're ambitions in life :flapper:

Last edited:
Yer laid it on with the machine then left it to pick up come back a horizontal cracks which are a git to fill so the next time I had to spray I scraped it as early as I could it did help a bit.i don't think I would want to use it again think weber has more
Guts to it tbh

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Never had a problem with e grade just the k1 seems to be suffering.
Was told last week that they had now tweaked the material, only problem is is I can't imagine krend recalling all the old batches.

K rend has modified their K1 recently, laid on about 30 bags of their new stuff yesterday and even though it pulled in quite quick which our price boys don't mind, they had no cracking issues like with previous. Just word of warning, our batch came straight from krend so if you by it from a merchant your more than likely get the old stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.