K Rend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Therw all the same pal. Better try another product if economy is what your after as krend has the lowest coverage rate

Hi, I'm not sure yet.... We have a typical 1930's double fronted, red brick detached bungalow, with an extension on the back.
We're hoping to k rend it in the next few months.
Thanks

Well here is a guide at typical 15mm thickness you will need 5 bags of krend to cover 4 metres square. If you use parex or granicem for instance you will need 4 bags to cover 5 metres of area.
Hope this helps

I get m2 ish to a bag,never really measured it but just done a 90 odd m2 job and used 90 odd bags .
I'm sure Krend say a metre and a half per bag?

I get m2 ish to a bag,never really measured it but just done a 90 odd m2 job and used 90 odd bags .
I'm sure Krend say a metre and a half per bag?

if you use over a base coat such as hp12 you can use less thickness and therefore gain more coverage obviously but that applies to all products - the coverage per kg per Msq will never change. onto new block you will need 17mm thick scraped back to 15 and you will get no where near a bag a metre unless something is wrong.

check the link out - go down to technical data sheets then open and then scroll down to silicone FT open the pdf and look at the coverage rates and thats quoting 16mm so you will have to be really good to get a 16mm finish with a 1mm scrape every time,

Literature Library - Render application technical safety resources

merchants bull on about a metre a bag but krend should tell you its around 0.75 - 0.80 of a metre per bag, if they do or not is another matter.
its the reason why people lay it on at 10mm instead of the specified 15mm over block but cos the cost of doing it properly is higher than the others

Ive never one coated lads on render, always scratch coat then top coat . And only ever used krends basecoat once.
I always go over with 2 hits as well, find it a lot easier to spead than one hit , id be easy 15mm,
i must not drop as much as you chaps ;)

Ive never one coated lads on render, always scratch coat then top coat . And only ever used krends basecoat once.
I always go over with 2 hits as well, find it a lot easier to spead than one hit , id be easy 15mm,
i must not drop as much as you chaps ;)

well if your using a scratch then thats the reason your using less ft. your simply building the first 8mm or so with your scratch then just using krend for the top half of your depth. good way to save money on gear but not on time - self explanatory really :RpS_unsure:

you shouldv said you were scratch coating it wudv saved me post

were just use what krend say onto new block through coloured - 35kg per m in 2 passes but in the same operation

well if your using a scratch then thats the reason your using less ft. your simply building the first 8mm or so with your scratch then just using krend for the top half of your depth. good way to save money on gear but not on time - self explanatory really :RpS_unsure:

you shouldv said you were scratch coating it wudv saved me post

were just use what krend say onto new block through coloured - 35kg per m in 2 passes but in the same operation
Sorry man,should of said .
ive seen it said that you don't need a scratch on new block,but it just the way I've always rendered.
I don't do it day in day out though,thank The Lord ,sheet stuff :)

Waterproofer then sbr it before krend so suction aint a issue (after scratch has dried) much cheaper.
most k rend i do is on older houses so to build out with backing would be well expensive.

Some times cost is not the issue lads, what happens if a small problem arises and some one comes out to check the spec? if uve not used the correct spec for the matieral given it could cost you in the long run. I always give 2 prices to the customer, the expensive right way to the spec or the more cost effective route that they usally pick. That way were covered when they take the cheeper option... got too love public liability these days :RpS_laugh:

Some times cost is not the issue lads, what happens if a small problem arises and some one comes out to check the spec? if uve not used the correct spec for the matieral given it could cost you in the long run. I always give 2 prices to the customer, the expensive right way to the spec or the more cost effective route that they usally pick. That way were covered when they take the cheeper option... got too love public liability these days :RpS_laugh:

the guaranteed way to avoid any issues is to fit to spec every single time - works for us:RpS_thumbup:
slap the warranty on it and the signed sealed manufacturers can answer any questions therafter

How do mate
if you mean the s/c scratch is wrong ,I rang Krend up and they said ifs fine and covered by them.
just to say as well,I did one last year, new block house, scratched in s/c and topped with ivory I think,anyhow when I did it the bloke came back off hols and it was the wrong colour, went ballistic,I had a few bags left over so showed him the bag,which he ordered by the way, he insisted it was the right name but not the colour he chose.
rep came from Krend, asked about the backing,I told him he said that's your problem then,I just said b*ll***s,if you one coat it over block it would show every s/c joint up as a different colour would it not?
anyway he went away and it turned out loads had come back and it had been bagged up wrong at source,I did kinda **** it though,over 100m2 :)

if you use over a base coat such as hp12 you can use less thickness and therefore gain more coverage obviously but that applies to all products - the coverage per kg per Msq will never change. onto new block you will need 17mm thick scraped back to 15 and you will get no where near a bag a metre unless something is wrong.

check the link out - go down to technical data sheets then open and then scroll down to silicone FT open the pdf and look at the coverage rates and thats quoting 16mm so you will have to be really good to get a 16mm finish with a 1mm scrape every time,

Literature Library - Render application technical safety resources

merchants bull on about a metre a bag but krend should tell you its around 0.75 - 0.80 of a metre per bag, if they do or not is another matter.
its the reason why people lay it on at 10mm instead of the specified 15mm over block but cos the cost of doing it properly is higher than the others
The amount of info plasterjfe gives out on this site is a credit to him.theres nothing he does know about the modern materials that we are all using now.
Fair play.allways there to help.:)

How do mate
if you mean the s/c scratch is wrong ,I rang Krend up and they said ifs fine and covered by them.
just to say as well,I did one last year, new block house, scratched in s/c and topped with ivory I think,anyhow when I did it the bloke came back off hols and it was the wrong colour, went ballistic,I had a few bags left over so showed him the bag,which he ordered by the way, he insisted it was the right name but not the colour he chose.
rep came from Krend, asked about the backing,I told him he said that's your problem then,I just said b*ll***s,if you one coat it over block it would show every s/c joint up as a different colour would it not?
anyway he went away and it turned out loads had come back and it had been bagged up wrong at source,I did kinda **** it though,over 100m2 :)

How much u saving scratching in standard s/c? You doing it all by hand?

The amount of info plasterjfe gives out on this site is a credit to him.theres nothing he does know about the modern materials that we are all using now.
Fair play.allways there to help.:)

yeah that's right, theres nothing he does know about modern renders. :RpS_biggrin:
but serious don't be telling him that, he will get bigheaded.
just think though when you were a young lad, you had copies of razzle and readers wifes under the bed, he had the parex render guide, :RpS_unsure:

How much u saving scratching in standard s/c? You doing it all by hand?
I've just done a 70m2,used a ton 1/4 sand 7 ish cement for scratch .so say £120 at most.
im presuming with backing you get more coveridge,I don't know but if it takes 40 bags that's around £400 (but I'm thinking a lot more especially on a old house knocked off)so you know the score mate,you would use more with it being uneven.
I do always SBR it before topping off as well.
i also hand apply it,I know I know it's ****,but I honestly don't do that much,so spending a few grand on a machine is just not worth it,and it keeps the calories off :)

Fair play that's ever money in ur pocket or leverage to win more jobs. Where u putting the mesh in?

No mate, I've put fibres in but no mesh, only ever meshed one job,a webber dashing job,I have to be honest easiest dashing I've ever done.
I'm not doing it to be cheaper either mate,it's just the 1st time I used it (about 8 y ago)this was a new build, over 200m2,so scratched it on with s/c and k rend it,the bloke didn't want the expense of the backing,would of nigh on doubled his material bill,so I rang them,they said its fine,no problem
and done it ever since

That's what I mean't owls!! To be fair there guys on here like yourself giving advice on systems to guys who are competition.why the hell should a tradesmen help another spread out that has never used these materials before???

Status
Not open for further replies.