K-rend!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2plastering

hi guys- up against a deadline tommorrow, scaffold is coming down on friday, but i have to get a 30 sqm wall completed with k-rend ft, (hand applied) The weather is going to be 14 degrees midday according to the weather man. and drizzle!! I have a decent cover over the area so should be alright....is there anyone that knows what there doing when it comes to k-rend and different temps..im fairly new to it.. So my question is: should I put it on in the afternoon and scratch it the folloing day or put it on at 8am in the morninng and do it the same day...based on these weather conditions..help would be great!!:RpS_crying:

i would scratch it out in the morning then re layit aiming to finish by about 6pm then get back early and rub it up

thanks lads, its a detached house but the next house is fairly close, sun shines on it for about an hour at 8-9 am in the morning and thats it for the day, however can get a little windy due to the chanell between both houses ( although the tarp may stop that!! Richard-it has a base coat of hp12 already or do you mean the first pass then second pass for about 6 oclock? ............( a 2nd thought).....if I gave the base coat a diluted coat of sbr....would that hold it off untill the follwing day better? thanks for your advice.last minuite panic!!

you'll have to give it 2 passes bacause you are laying on by hand so you need to get the right thickness, put the first pass on then your second pass about 10mm thick, rule it nice and flat as you go and over lay the bead a few mm to give you some meat to rub back.

make sure it is rulled off nice and flat and dont rub it back to much else the scratch will burn through.

Aim to have the second pass layed up by 6pm then get back early to rub it up

Cheers richard. the beads are 10mm beads...the base coat is approx 3 mm thick..due to how fast it goes off I had to knock it up like wateer..hence the thin base coat!! leaving me approx 7 mm of topcoat..should I do a thin pass followed by a thicker pass so I dont scratch through to the first? Im going to loo at a machine at a pft mini jet on friday to make the job easier!! cheers dude!

If its 7mm lay it on in one pass or two quick ones scrape same day

I have tried one coat before and found it hard work,so i have called in a 2nd spread for tommorrow so i can lay on and he can rule off,been trying on my own and struggling so hopefully this will work better....! find ruling off hard as I have always used screeds on bonding,hardwall and sand and cement-came to k-rend and it doesnt rule off the same!! so its almost like you have to rule it along the wall to get the excess material to the end then pull it off...cheers spunky!

I have tried one coat before and found it hard work,so i have called in a 2nd spread for tommorrow so i can lay on and he can rule off,been trying on my own and struggling so hopefully this will work better....! find ruling off hard as I have always used screeds on bonding,hardwall and sand and cement-came to k-rend and it doesnt rule off the same!! so its almost like you have to rule it along the wall to get the excess material to the end then pull it off...cheers spunky!

P.S Its over old flethan bricks which have had a good coat of r7 brick primer...

Sounds as though suction control shouldn't be a problem , wet it down and wack it on in one, and scrape down in the aft, only 30m2 , two of you should walk it in a couple of hours max (i assume you have some one mixing and loading out)

Sounds as though suction control shouldn't be a problem , wet it down and wack it on in one, and scrape down in the aft, only 30m2 , two of you should walk it in a couple of hours max (i assume you have some one mixing and loading out)

Thats what I thought mate..putting it in in a couple hours should be no probs I have a guy knocking up, Its for a bit of a show home so has to be perfect, hence why im stressing so much! im just worried in the damp it may end up being another night shift...dpne too many of em recently!!! A month ago i did my first bit of k-rend and it went perfectly in the cold (4oc) now it has warmed up a bit im struggling to find a good time to put it on!! thanks for your advice tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.