K-Rend UF Base on Bricks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusaMan

Hi

How suitable or un-suitable is K-Rend UF Base on bricks? They are very rough turn of the century bricks with plenty of key.
K-Rend web-site says UF Base is for blocks, and HP12 Base more for bricks, but would it still work and do well for my job or would it be better to get HP12 Base?

Thanks!

I have used UF base loads and if there is some suction/key say on commons then its fine over brick - nice gear to use, you might need their primer first, dont use over dense/smooth/engineering brick if the price is similar to HP12 then stick with that

ring em and ask

Talked to K-Rend technical guy this morning. They said HP12 or HPX is the right stuff to use with SBR or R7 on brick, BUT if I just go over the surface thinly with HPX for example, and then wet on wet with the UF Base, in that case the HPX will provide a good layer for the UF base to bond and hence makes UF Base suitable for the job.

Uf is great for float work but its low polymer so not as sticky as the hp ones. If you have big enough area u could scratch coat it all first with hpx or an sbr slurry then use the uf for topping out. What prices u got for uf base ?

krend onto existing brick - is always best to clean surface & any algae first, then apply the R7 acrylic bonding aid, HP12 (AND OR HPX base if you prefer) before application of your silicone topcoat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.