K rend this time of year

Members online

loky11

Hi girls and guys,

Quicky for you, got some k rend to do in a weeks time, never done it before, only small area so quite confident in doing it, I've got all the knowledge just putting it into action, would you guys get it on for dinner then scratch later that day/night or get it on early afternoon and scratch next day? Cheers.

Hi girls and guys,

Quicky for you, got some k rend to do in a weeks time, never done it before, only small area so quite confident in doing it, I've got all the knowledge just putting it into action, would you guys get it on for dinner then scratch later that day/night or get it on early afternoon and scratch next day? Cheers.
I.d put it on in afternoon and keep all next day free

Or even morning for next morning

I was going to get it all on for lunch, but seen a few people say you'd be there till 11 at night scraping it, as I've never done it before I don't know how well it hangs or how quick it goes off, wasn't too keen on using accelerators incase it caught me out.

I was going to get it all on for lunch, but seen a few people say you'd be there till 11 at night scraping it, as I've never done it before I don't know how well it hangs or how quick it goes off, wasn't too keen on using accelerators incase it caught me out.
How thick you putting it on . I put some on at 2pm other day and still bit soft at 9am .

Dont forget pics

How thick you putting it on . I put some on at 2pm other day and still bit soft at 9am .

Dont forget pics
Not entirely sure on what size beads I'm getting yet, what would you suggest? Probably use 15mm, might just try and get it on for 11ish go inside do abit of skimming f**k off for abit then come back scratch up, jobs like 2 hours away aswell. Going on Thursday to hack old s+c off, Pics I won't forget haha

Not entirely sure on what size beads I'm getting yet, what would you suggest? Probably use 15mm, might just try and get it on for 11ish go inside do abit of skimming f**k off for abit then come back scratch up, jobs like 2 hours away aswell. Going on Thursday to hack old s+c off, Pics I won't forget haha
No chance it be ready in 3 hours at 15 mm

No I know that lol I meant bugger off into city center for a few hours and come back around 7 to check it.
[/QUOTE]

No chance. .

Iv just done some on 10mm beads finished at 11 and I had to wait till after 11 the next day. 15mm you could leave it a day and a half unless it’s in the blazing sunshine

Iv just done some on 10mm beads finished at 11 and I had to wait till after 11 the next day. 15mm you could leave it a day and a half unless it’s in the blazing sunshine

Jees, I'll get 10mm then, get it on and scratch nexd day, cheers guys.

Hi girls and guys,

Next day now unless you put the flakes in and go for it .

John j, have you used eco rend? My local mkm stopped supplying k rend, only supply eco rend.

Well I did it, not the best but not too shabby considering its my first attempt at it, weather conditions aslo did not help.

Attachments

• IMG_20191115_164111.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20191115_164125.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20191115_164410.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 267
If the money allows then winter mono can be easy short days. With experience of thicknesses, background suction, heat loss, humidity you can have a relaxed start, home just after lunch and a lazy start the next day so long as the money is there.

Lime bloom can be a problem with humidity and with silicone you need the background dry and a dry 24 hours with an additive. But when you are a renderer only you have to take the rough with the smooth and exploit the better time of the year to the full to make up your losses in winter.

If I was into plastering though, I would bugger rendering off Dec-Feb and keep indoors.

If the money allows then winter mono can be easy short days. With experience of thicknesses, background suction, heat loss, humidity you can have a relaxed start, home just after lunch and a lazy start the next day so long as the money is there.

Lime bloom can be a problem with humidity and with silicone you need the background dry and a dry 24 hours with an additive. But when you are a renderer only you have to take the rough with the smooth and exploit the better time of the year to the full to make up your losses in winter.

If I was into plastering though, I would bugger rendering off Dec-Feb and keep indoors.
Off to hope fully do that this morning. Few hours to put it on . Back mid morning to scratch .

Working today too ....trying to finish a hack off/rendering job....been ongoing since early October but not done a whole week since started it as weather not allowed....

Reactions: Mag
It's s**t isn't it, I had to battle with wind and rain, tarpaulins were up but f**k me thought scaffold was gunna take off like a hot air balloon

Calm no wind or rain .....not as cold either as has been this week
Job nr hereford

Flooded field from river wye within edge of lawn though of property .....
Another metre and my 20kva Genny going for a swim