K rend rc15 over sand cement base coat

Thakamit

Hello, I was taking some ideas from builders in what is best and economic way of rendering the base of the exterior brick walls.

The options I have been given so far are

1) silicone rendering (EWI) - most expensive
2) Sand and cement render - budget
3) sand and cement base coat with K rend TC15 silicone on the top coat - mid range

I am tempted to go with 3rd option mid range option but is there any problem with this option considering its on the base of the wall which will always be in contact with water? I hope the silicone doesnt come out after some time.

Also I am told that works perfectly fine and it doesn't require any mesh either.

Please share your professional advise.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hello, I was taking some ideas from builders in what is best and economic way of rendering the base of the exterior brick walls.

3) sand and cement base coat with K rend TC15 silicone on the top coat - mid range

I am tempted to go with 3rd option mid range option but is there any problem with this option considering its on the base of the wall which will always be in contact with water? I hope the silicone doesnt come out after some time.

Also I am told that works perfectly fine and it doesn't require any mesh either.

Thanks,
Option 4 I would.( Full spec silicone render system)

Thanks,
Dont let the builder do it for f**k sake.. Pics back up in two weeks can see it now...... Look at my house what can i do about it.
The reason being hes trying to save money as it cheaper to do s&c has he quoted you.??

Dont let the builder do it for f**k sake.. Pics back up in two weeks can see it now...... Look at my house what can i do about it.
The reason being hes trying to save money as it cheaper to do s&c has he quoted you.??
Tell him youd prefer it if he did put mesh in it for extra protection.. Never seen a s&c house without cracks...
The silicone is waterproof its basically like paint with added aggregate.