K-Rend R7 Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusaMan

Hi

First of all 'Hello' - I just registered on the forum.

Could anybody tell me if there is a good alternative to K-Rend R7 Primer (to be used with HP12 base on previously dry dashed background, now taken back to bare brick). I can't find a distributor in my area (Liverpool) who got it in stock or can get it in at a reasonable price. I only need 5 litres ...

Thanks,
Christian

Thanks rendercsr.
I got plenty SBR here at home, so this will save me looking further. I just started doubting SBR was suitable because it's latex based, whereas the R7 is acrylic...

Thanks rendercsr.
I got plenty SBR here at home, so this will save me looking further. I just started doubting SBR was suitable because it's latex based, whereas the R7 is acrylic...

You right
R7 is fully acrylic
SBR is latexy

did you try huws gray

Just talked to a guy from K-Rend. They are aware that R7 is sometimes hard to get hold of. Even he said SBR was fine.
Regarding Huws Gray: I am waiting for a call back from them, but will in any case now stick with SBR.

Try microbobetis from parex
Rendaid from weber
Prymit from dryvit - this is also an acrylic liquid and closest thing to r7 ive seen

They all do the same but in my experience of the paintable ones such as acrylic r7 there is more chance of material sliding than the cementious ones like rendaid or vp etc

R7 Acyrlic is a modified acrylic emulsion used to improve the adhesion of K rend renders to difficult substrates, where the background does not supply sufficient key or has poor suction characteristics. the material is usually diluted before use and may be used in various ways including as a priming coat, as a gauging liquid and to prepare polymer modified scud coats.

if you wish please email sales@k-rend.co.uk and we will forward you a technical data sheet on the R7 acrylic.

Status
Not open for further replies.