K Rend Price: Cowboy Builder

KRendPricing

Hey,

My elderly (and unwell) parents recently paid a chap a "deposit for materials" of just over £10,000. The chap never said exactly what materials he purchased. He never provided a written contract, they just exchanged some discussions at my parents' home, on the phone, and via text. Never gave cancellation terms.

After they requested to cancel, eventually the renderer sent over his "purchase order" from his supplier (only product names and quantities) showing 60 tubs of TC 15 and 90 bags of HP 12, and 2x 50sqm reinforcement meshes.

The surfaces due to be rendered total somewhere just shy of 90sqm.

Looking online, it looks as though he's ordered multiple times more material than required.

He refuses to refund their money, he has started no work, no materials were due until September.

I am correct in believing this is totally unreasonable, right? He claimed he had searched everywhere to find the cheapest prices. What prices would you have expected to pay for these materials?

Also, what prices would have been appropriate had they chose the Silicone Scraped Topcoat instead?

B

Hey,

My elderly (and unwell) parents recently paid a chap a "deposit for materials" of just over £10,000. The chap never said exactly what materials he purchased. He never provided a written contract, they just exchanged some discussions at my parents' home, on the phone, and via text. Never gave cancellation terms.

After they requested to cancel, eventually the renderer sent over his "purchase order" from his supplier (only product names and quantities) showing 60 tubs of TC 15 and 90 bags of HP 12, and 2x 50sqm reinforcement meshes.

Looking online, it looks as though he's ordered multiple times more material than required.

He refuses to refund their money, he has started no work, no materials were due until September.

I am correct in believing this is totally unreasonable, right? He claimed he had searched everywhere to find the cheapest prices. What prices would you have expected to pay for these materials?

Also, what prices would have been appropriate had they chose the Silicone Scraped Topcoat instead?

B
Call rendit or johnstomes etc rep and ask them price for 90sqm . .... ... being polite it doesn't sound good

60 bags of render
9 tubs of topcoat
2 rolls of mesh
1 tub of primer
40 beads at most
No more than £1,500.
What's been ordered doesn't make sense for the job obviously been ordered to do other jobs at the expense of your parents the most he would have paid for what you've stated is £5,000.
£8000 supply and fit would be top end for 90 square metres. It's a criminal matter, it's deception get the police and trading standards on it.

Hey,

B
Supply and fit should be somewhere in the region of £50/£70.per metre.find out where he lives.and get the money back.