K rend over k rend

Members online

Nat1686

Hi. I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me. I've looked online for help but not getting anywhere.

Recently had some rendering done, all seemed well removing the flat crap render and applieing the base coat untill they turned up without me knowing, applied the top coat k rend in the rain. The weather was so bad I was struggling to drive in it! They came back in the evening to scratch it but it was dark so just left them to it.

Then more rain came for another 3 days non stop and washed some off. There are patches 're rendered on top where it was a little thin. Some small areas haven't been scratched at all. Small section has the lines showing through it.

Now I'm no plasterer but surely this shouldn't be done in the rain?

Main guy came back agreed it wasn't right and wanted another guy on it instead. However he said to just go over it in k rend. And not knock it off. Can this be done?

I'm not technical what so ever just don't want the stress of it all going wrong again.any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I’m same owls mate I’m sick of public asking for it and then come on here and it’s rammed in my face every night too lol

It's because lads see it as not being that hard and they'll earn off doing it.
They may be great plasterers but not good Renderer's they don't really understand the product etc, and the net result is an inferior job. Problem is there's no hiding, and you get found out pretty soon with it, and it's expensive to put right.

Ye I was gutted when I got home and realised. I'll post some pics in the morning. I'm not sure if they used the right trim either. Ive seen worse render jobs near me but in the light the patches don't look good. I've not paid anything yet.....learnt lessons in the past! So dam hard to get a good tradesman round here. Other 2 render guys totally messed me about never turning up. And I didn't go for the best price either....pay cheap pay twice in my past experiences. 6th bodge job on this house!

I’m same owls mate I’m sick of public asking for it and then come on here and it’s rammed in my face every night too lol
Find a good gang to sub contract it for you, stick your 15% on top, make a living whilst just organising, get a good reputation, increase your rates, take on better more prestigious projects , sticking your 15% on top,give your body a rest etc= win.

It's a list of on going jobs on the house. The house was in need of some TLC. Managed to fix half the problems but this render job was mainly to cover up the holes following cwi removal and Wacking in lintels. A fair few bricks were removed. load of concrete and snot in the cavity. So I couldn't just patch it up really.

The brickwork behind didn't seem in too bad condition. Could it effect the brickwork if i request to rip out and start again or just add annother thin layer of k rend. I want it done properly and not to go for the easy option.

Find a good gang to sub contract it for you, stick your 15% on top, make a living whilst just organising, get a good reputation, increase your rates, take on better more prestigious projects , sticking your 15% on top,give your body a rest etc= win.

Like it.

Work smart not hard.

Attachments

• 20180923_153249.jpg
    20180923_153249.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 890
  • 20180923_152737.jpg
    20180923_152737.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 1,023
  • 20180923_151954.jpg
    20180923_151954.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2,244
  • 20180923_153405.png
    20180923_153405.png
    462.4 KB · Views: 907
Ino....the more I look at it the more it annoys me. Would a thin coat over stick? Or 6 month later start cracking.