K rend hp12

Status
Not open for further replies.

wil

Afternoon all
I've just finished floating up some hp12 base coat but got a few hairline cracks occurring, will these pull through my top coat? Any ideas anyone :(

It's on knauf aqua panel exterior and trowel on to about 6mm and float finish as k rend spec and prime next with 2mm top coat

Yes put the mesh in but had to lay on twice to properly bed it in and had to sponge it up after float found it a bit crap to work with if am honest

Well new blend of hp12 is suppose to have a longer open time which in theory should help with using it as a float coat but I did a set over brickwork the other week float finished to receive tc15 finish and it was inconsistent as I n some went stiff quick and some didn't.

The initial needs breaking that's all.

To be fair krend will tell you hp12 was really intended as a polymer render for masonry.

Are you sure the spec was not hpx or HP 14 ?

Last edited:
Followed their spec and got all info over the phone, I'm using hp14 on ewi back ground on the ground floor wall, they said that aqua panel exterior needed thin coat for flexibility and defo hp12 and they said to go 12mm total thickness over brick work again with hp12 base coat, any ideas with the small hairline cracks is it ruined

I've had hairlines quite a lot with hp12 and never had any problems with topcoat although I've only every done pebble dashing over it.

Don't you have to mix the hp12 then let it sit for 5 mins before knocking up again?
would this have an effect on the timings and stiffness etc?

hpx is a great product about the only decent one they do. you should be meshing any thin coat as a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.