K rend different shades how to correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone don't know if this is the rite place or even if anyone will see this,, but this is the issue I'm having.
Used k rend on a gable but used expansion bead one half was done in blazing sun other in rain so two different shades,, been using k rend for last 10years so not first time it's happened and before We've just painted with various paints that company's claim will dry to same colour and they never do!!! So my question is is there anything new on the market to correct this??? The colour is buttermilk
Thanks

Sounds like the rainy side has got lime bloom, it happens when it is setting/curing and it rains. Might cure itself in months but otherwise let dry out and use an equalising paint.

So the lime bloom would cause a darker shade?? What's PICS?? Thanks for replys I was kinda hoping there might be something new out there by now to sort this issue

Scrape times can cause different shading with Krend with early scraping appearing darker but as Rigsby says it could equalise in time.

No scrapping times were same give or take half hour,, think I'm fallin out with k rend, reckon s+c with a bit of colour in would save a lot of hassle

Scraping back in the heat and sun and scraping back in the rain would probably give you lighter shade in the sun and darker in the rain because there is more water content in the rain scraping more surface evaporation in the sun..

Yeh I know but what can ya do?? Leave it till its sunny to scrape back?? Haha u recommend a good place to get paint from? Buttermilk

Spoke to a plasterer who reckons they scratch with sand & cement then put krend on top!
Think they being a bit tight on mats but if it fails they would have no come back.

K-Rend is notorious for this, the do's and donts on the tech sheet are enough to put anyone off. Doing a gable in two halves is an absolute no no, even if conditions were identical on both occasions. Always avoid doing adjacent walls on different days. I've been using Parex recently and it's a bit more forgiving and seems to give the same shade every time. I recommend using a PFT G5 to spray it on as I have one for sale lol.

It's 4 grand and comes with a 2011 Honda V Twin 3 phase generator, more powerfully and better looking than your VFR lol

Nah she's beautiful my girl!! I have been lookin at gettin a machine run the v2 for while was good for site work but now I'm more private jobs where it's sometimes only 30 bags, why you selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.